Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
battery
OK, what battery is the longer lasting one for the Wing?
Mines gone, not old either 4 years I think.
Thanks Dave
#1 07-22-2012, 12:28 PM,
Lots of folks out there having VERY good luck with the Odyssey in the wing.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Adam
'96 ST1100
Brewerton, NY
#2 07-22-2012, 12:47 PM,
Oddyssey.

The last one was around 16-17 years old and still worked OK, it only would fail me after several starts in a row without any charging time between.

Needless to say the replacement is another Oddyssey battery.

Never needs any maint. nor a maintainer charger either!
'RIDE TO BE SEEN' :d

Most common quote from a cager after killing a motorcyclist.

"I never saw him" instead of "I never looked for him".
#3 07-22-2012, 01:21 PM,
Your battery ( think of a storage tank) powers everything electrical on your bike, and your stator or alternator (the pump) charges (refills) the battery. When not being charged the battery naturally discharges over time, plus the clock etc takes power when the bike is shut down. If you like your bike to be "plug and play" after being ignored for days or weeks, or you idle around with 100 lites blazing and the tunes blaring then do yourself a favour and buy an Odyssey - their sealed cells eliminate the need for watering maintenance, so they stay at full rated capacity etc. much longer than conventional batteries . Note - a fancy battery will not replace overloading your electrical system beyond it's capacity to charge to overcome the rate of use, or a malfunctioning charging system, so check that out at the same time.

#4 07-23-2012, 06:54 AM,
I switched to an antigravity, 24 cell Lithium Ferite Phosphate (LiFeSo4) 600 CCA battery. It charges quickly, It weights 1/5th of the LED acid type. It can start a car but they say it has less starting power in 40 degree or lower conditions. I run my LED lighting effects when parked at a resturaunt or at a car / bike show for 2 hours at a time so I wanted the extra cranks. There are no oxidation issues with Lithium. It needs a special lithium charger however for the off season although many say it will last the winter without a trickle charger. I am very happy with this battery but it did cost just short of 400 dollars. They say it should last 2x as long as lead acid (whatever that means). I hope it means 8 years or more. What I like is that there is no chance of acid leaking onto the chrome pipes and scarring them and there seems to be zero maintenance required.
Returning rider after 25 year absence. I bought the Aspencade in Oct. 2011 with 16,000 original miles on it. I have posted pictures at my facebook page www.facebook.com/ray.luff.5
#5 07-19-2014, 08:44 PM,
I put an odyssey pc680 in each wing back in '08 and they are still working great
'75cb750 ,'79cb750superK,
'93gl1500se, '79cb 750f,
'85cb450sc, '05sunL70
'06 ST 1300....william
#6 07-26-2014, 05:47 PM,
Deka sealed AGM here. Sits all winter and fires right up in the spring.
A rainy day off beats a sunny day at work any time..................
#7 07-27-2014, 04:35 AM,
Mine have been Deka AGM for years now. The last one went 10 years & still never a problem, but tested at only 50% on a tester so said better safe than sorry 250-300 miles from the house. Few $ more than $100 is price,not too bad for what you get, also be sure to fully charge any battery before putting into use,to get the most from any of them.
#8 07-30-2014, 12:25 PM,
Interstate here.
There may be some maintenance involved
I already have a Tender
A good friend of mine owns an Auto Repair shop so I get a huge discount over retail

For me, for now, this works
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#9 08-02-2014, 05:47 AM,