Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
It's time for "What is the sillyest question...."
It's time for "What's the sillyest question from a bystander?" - Summer 2012 - it goes like this (I'm posting 2 cause I started it :d ):

Bystander (putting gas in car): "How much gas does that thing use, anyway?"
Me (putting gas in Gold Wing): "It burns all I put in it."

Close 2nd:

Bystander (watching me come skillfully to a stop by the gas pump, on a rainy day): "Ya gettin' wet? HAR har har har."
Me (politely) "Actually my gear is water proof, but I did take a shower this morning. Got wet then. Seem to still have my fingers and toes as it turns out."

#1 06-25-2012, 06:35 PM,
I've had many similar questions as anyone else, but the best one was when I was at a charity ride several years ago down in Syracuse.

It was raining and there is no rain dates for this run, so we go anyway.... After the 70 mile ride around Onieda Lake, we all go back for the clam bake. While standing in the food line outside(in the rain), I am surrounded by 300 other "wana-be / black t-shirt" biker boyz who are wet and cold. I was wearing my high-viz Teknik one piece rain suite. Dry as can be.

A bad-a$$ about 50 people back shouts out, " HEY.... WHAT ARE YOU TRYING BE.... FLASH GORDON ?? I shouted back "HEY.... WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO BE.... THE GAY BIKER FROM THE VILLAGE PEOPLE ?? You could have heard a pin drop for about 15 seconds. The music even stopped..... I though to myself, aw crap.... Here we go....Then eveyone burst out laughing. The music started playing again and eveything back to normal. Lot's of folks came up and started talking to me about the suite, my bike and the best comment they ever heard..... :d
Adam
'96 ST1100
Brewerton, NY
#2 06-26-2012, 04:11 AM,
Great comeback. Geez, I never think of those until about 4,5 hours later.
#3 06-26-2012, 07:20 AM,
The one which comes closest to fitting this thread is the time I am out riding with my friends, all on Harley-Davidson’s except me.
We stopped at a motorcycle cafà (mostly crotch rockets and Harley-Davidson’s – even the touring bikes are Sport Touring).
A guy with a Harley-Davidson outfit (you know, vest, jeans, boots, gloves, Milwaukee shirt – all black) walks up to ask,
What year is your bike?
‘84.
Geez, that’s old! How many miles do you have in it?
(at the time) 112,000.
When did you get the engine rebuilt?
Never.
When were the heads rebuilt?
Never.
How’s it run?
Great.
You get about 30 mpg?
More like 40.
(pause, then) nice bike.
Thanks.

I Love It!.

~O)
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#4 06-26-2012, 02:31 PM,