Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Music and good old days
Hi all,
I' m new to this great site, found it by a link from Steve's, had a problem with 1 speaker not working, got lots of help there, bypassed avc unit ,now all ok.
I was loading up my MP3 player with favourite road tunes and got to thinking what you guys might be listening to rollin down the highway. I was a teen of the 60's (born in 48), and have always loved the music from around those times and into the 70's, living near to London I got to see all the groups/bands of the time, real music that's hard to beat.
I have to admit that Grace Slick of Jefferson Airplane used to do it for me, even now I hear White Rabbit and I'm back there, lost in time, so what music gives you that feeling. My list in no particular order.
Stones
Cream
Who
Pink Floyd
Jefferson Airplane
Small Faces
Led Zepplin
Lots of various blues.
Later bands on my MP3, AC/DC and ZZ Top

Mike
#1 06-07-2012, 07:19 AM,
I have an Intersatate with no MP3, I Touch, radio/cassette, or 8-Track!

Just what's in my head.

:d

-Ride On
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#2 06-07-2012, 12:12 PM,
miker1 Wrote:so what music gives you that feeling.Mike
I listen to a bit of almost everything. I won't ride without my tunes. Haven't listened to radio in years as I got fed up with the stupid D.J.'s and commercials along with songs I didn't want to hear.
I keep over 12,000 songs by 328 bands/artist on my MP3 Player.
Just over 850 hours of play time before I hear a repeat song. :YMAPPLAUSE:
“A good traveler has no fixed plans,and is not intent on arriving”~ Lao Tzu ~
[Image: 16hvxut.jpg]
[Image: 15r1pnl.jpg]
In Stable
1985 GL1200 Interstate(RIP)
2003 Yamaha Midnight Venture
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650(Wife's Bike)
#3 06-08-2012, 02:08 PM,
I can't listen to anything due to the wind noise and buffeting. Even the Madstad windshield has not been enough to get my helmet out of the turbulent flow, although it is a great improvement.
#4 06-08-2012, 02:54 PM,
Welcome to the site miker1. I remember your radio problem from Steve's site. Glad the avc bypass worked for you. Yep, I love the music from the 60's and 70's too.
Paul
CE1 Navy Seabees/RET
1981 to 2002
ASE Mechanic
#5 06-08-2012, 03:27 PM,
Wingnoob Wrote:I can't listen to anything due to the wind noise and buffeting. Even the Madstad windshield has not been enough to get my helmet out of the turbulent flow, although it is a great improvement.
I wear a 1/2helmet with no head set jkust speakers & I have no problem hearing the radio. For my MP# player I use3.5 mil Monster Jamz head set. the ear buds fit very comfortly under my helmet. On topic, I listen mostly to Rockabillie & R&R but also love guitar rock & Blues. Angela :d :d :d :YMHUG: :YMHUG:
Angela(fysty-1) & Dani
Surrey, B.C., Canada
'85 Honda GL 1200 (fully dressed) I. (sold)
pres. 95 Virago 1100
"No matter how blue life may get always remember that there's a rainbow in the sky."
"Grab life by the handlbars an hang on."

#6 06-21-2012, 09:21 PM,
When driving the work truck I am always listening to country music, I find it keeps me awake yet relaxed, makes me work faster but doesn't end up giving me a headache.

However on the bike it is mostly 1950's rock and roll with some Bard music and a smattering of other favorite music most of which are songs with a good story line like Convoy, or Bat out of Hell, ect.
'RIDE TO BE SEEN' :d

Most common quote from a cager after killing a motorcyclist.

"I never saw him" instead of "I never looked for him".
#7 06-22-2012, 04:03 AM,
I used to have a satellite receiver on my bike which I liked a lot, but things have gotten so tight that I cancelled it and removed it from the bike. I just have the radio now, but the reception fades in and out which drives me nuts. I can play mp3's from my phone using a cassette adapter, but now that my stator is shot, I don't even turn the radio on now.

I listen to just about everything, and I do mean everything. Some days it's classical, hard rock, old rock, hair bands, jazz, pop... I like it all. Except for rap and polka music that is....
#8 06-22-2012, 08:59 AM,
CC:

You can purchase an adapter to go from the phone jack to the 5 pin din on your helmet, then you can listen to the MP3 files directly from the phone.
'RIDE TO BE SEEN' :d

Most common quote from a cager after killing a motorcyclist.

"I never saw him" instead of "I never looked for him".
#9 06-22-2012, 12:16 PM,
unionjack Wrote:CC:

You can purchase an adapter to go from the phone jack to the 5 pin din on your helmet, then you can listen to the MP3 files directly from the phone.

Thanks unionjack.
#10 06-22-2012, 12:42 PM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Music Downloads Burnout 20 4,549 02-28-2010, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Guest
  One of the best riding days ever pgh-chuck 5 1,178 04-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Last Post: pgh-chuck
  E-Bay, Rocks some days! HarrysToy 6 1,328 04-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Last Post: HarrysToy
  music in my ears 0 534 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: