Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
a newby asking electrical questions
hi all.
having purchased my first gl1200 i have a few questions my manual don't seem to answer. my pics apparently to large or i would attach.
the first, a rocker switch in left pocket that on my wing isn't connected to anything. what was it for?
the second, a single yellow wire that hangs by left saddlebag can almost tough left muffler, its hot from fuse #3? i can't figure what its connected to. any ideas?
#1 01-25-2012, 12:40 AM,
The rocker switch in the left pocket is not stock, it was probably once attached to some accessory lights or something.
The hanging wire?
If all the lights are working then who knows. Just cap it off and tidy it up.
If you remove the left side cover there will be three yellow wires coming from the stator in the left rear of the engine going up forward of the battery into the top shelter/false tank tot he regulator. The white plastic plug is often melted/burnt and the main cause of stator failures. For this reason the plug should be cut out, a full stator test done, and the wires hard wired and well insulated. Perhaps this is the yellow wire that you are referring too? Has your bike had the alternator installed thus eliminating the stator and the wires left hanging?
'RIDE TO BE SEEN' :d

Most common quote from a cager after killing a motorcyclist.

"I never saw him" instead of "I never looked for him".
#2 01-25-2012, 02:50 AM,