Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPad users
I recently bought an iPad and purchased an app called tapatalk that basically allows one tap to take you directly to your choice of forums that you have added to your list in the app. It is for both iPhones and iPads. The app says to contact this forum administrator and request that tapatalk be turned on when I try to add this forum. Does it have the ability for it to be "switched on"? It would be very handy for all iPad and iPhone users.

Thanks,

Desmond
Desmond
85 GL1200A
The art of riding is that of keeping the bike between you and the ground!
#1 03-18-2011, 02:34 PM,
Desmond, besides the forum app,how do you like your iPad? My wife and I looked at them a couple of weeks ago and we both were very impressed. I am considering one for my wi-fi needs on the road. It is much smaller and lighter than my laptop. So, what do you think? Something that could and should be used on long bike trips or no? Or even car trips.
#2 03-19-2011, 03:32 AM,
It doesn't replace a laptop, but for what I need it for it can't be beat! The wife and I each have one. Her's has the 3G, mine doesn't. We take her's when we travel. It is awesome for trips, it can be used as a HUGE GPS, of course for web surfing, email, weather watching, dowloading of pics from digital camera, etc. The apps are endless. My only complaint is the lack of any kind of flash player for a lot of email attachments and some websites, but then, that is Steve Jobst! I would highly recommend one as long as you realize it can't do everything a computer can. I would get the 3G model if you only get one. AT&T has a month by month plan currently for 2GB for $25 so we turn it on when we are taking a trip and cancel it at the end of the month afterwards.
Desmond
85 GL1200A
The art of riding is that of keeping the bike between you and the ground!
#3 03-21-2011, 08:45 AM,
Installed....

Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply:
[Image: 77ec8c55-d161-2949.jpg]

Images are thread are converted to thumbnail and allow full-screen viewing
[Image: 77ec8c55-d19e-1d77.jpg]

Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing:
[Image: 77ec8c55-d1b3-cbe1.jpg]

Ability to search by topics and posts:
[Image: 77ec8c55-d1cd-05b1.jpg]

Ability to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!:
[Image: 77ec8c55-d44e-0fbc.jpg]

Check out <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tapatalk.com">http://www.tapatalk.com</a><!-- m --> for more information!
#4 03-21-2011, 08:37 PM,
Wing nut Wrote:It doesn't replace a laptop, but for what I need it for it can't be beat! The wife and I each have one. Her's has the 3G, mine doesn't. We take her's when we travel. It is awesome for trips, it can be used as a HUGE GPS, of course for web surfing, email, weather watching, dowloading of pics from digital camera, etc. The apps are endless. My only complaint is the lack of any kind of flash player for a lot of email attachments and some websites, but then, that is Steve Jobst! I would highly recommend one as long as you realize it can't do everything a computer can. I would get the 3G model if you only get one. AT&T has a month by month plan currently for 2GB for $25 so we turn it on when we are taking a trip and cancel it at the end of the month afterwards.

I have an iPad wifi only. When there is no local wifi, I connect to the web wirelessly through my iPhone, and don't have to pay an extra bill. I wouldn't be without my iPad for travelling, takes up very little room and the same charger does both iPad and iPhone.
#5 10-28-2011, 02:41 PM,