Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap fuel filter.....where can I buy??
Where can I go to purchase a new fuel filter for my '84 GL1200 Interstate without paying an arm and a leg?

I contacted my local Honda dealer and they said they have an OEM filter in stock and it will cost me $28.06.
I thought......GIVE ME A BREAK......NEARLY THIRTY BUCKS FOR A STINKIN FUEL FILTER!!!!!!!!

Secondly, do I have to use an OEM filter? Could I not just use any quality aftermarket in-line filter as long as it is similar in size and of good quality?

Thanks for your help!

Harkgold :-L
#1 11-10-2011, 01:35 PM,
Fuel Filter

Napa 3011

About $3+ in US $7+tax CAN
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 11-10-2011, 02:44 PM,
Elegant GLASS fuel filter needs a little tweaking.

Earlier this year, I bought a glass fuel filter which sell for between $6 and $12.

[Image: %24%28KGrHqV,!icE6MBMhBm+BOt2Wjps8g~~60_12.JPG]

Earlier there was a discussion here of fuel filters. The conventional plastic filters are not very good ... and dissecting them after taken out of service shows how poorly made and ineffective many of them are. Of course, an efficient filter is important for allowing a smooth flow of fuel from the gas tank through the fuel pump and into the carburetor (or injectors). I am very happy with my glass filter which after slightly modifying the inconvenient bracket next to and under the fuel tank hasn't budged since I installed it many months ago.

Changing the fuel filter can be done without taking the whole bike apart but is a little tricky because the mounting is located at a difficult to get at (at least for me) place: in middle of the forward part of the fuel tank, behind cables and tubing on both sides. Before replacing the old fuel filter, I found it convenient to replace the old fuel lines with shiny new stainless steel-covered lines. It costs about $20 for 3 ft (~ 30 cm) of new braided stainless steel tubing. of

[Don't forget to FIRST turn the fuel spigot to the OFF position before removing the lines ... and try to catch the several ounces/mL of fuel in the line ... best done outdoors ! ! ! :-SS :-SS :-SS Confusedhock: ]
Bikes have been known to catch on fire • • • but maybe that only happens in India or Norway. :d
[Image: Akriti2450x338.jpg]

" ... If you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." ~ George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
#3 11-10-2011, 04:27 PM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New "High Performance Permanent Fuel Filter" from Randakks kwatts 5 2,718 08-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Last Post: yiterp