Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broken Speedo
Hello guys, I could really use some help. I changed the front tire today and while I had the rim off I checked my wheel bearings. They needed to be changed so I got a pair and the seals and went about changing them. This went fine as did replacing the rubber. I also removed the discs to make the job go easier. I replaced the shims between the dischub and reinstalled the disc and also balanced the tire. All seemed good, remounted the rim on the bike and tightened everything. When I removed it from the center stand I heard a clunk and the bike would move so I rocked it a bit and away it went but as I was wheeling it out into the warmth of the sun I saw the speed pickup dangling from the cable. Here as luck would have it I installed the bolts/nuts in reverse as in the bolt heads were where the nuts should have been which caused the nuts to strike the pickup and destryed it in the process. I've included 2 pics of the damaged parts. Any suggestions where I can locate these parts would be greatly appreciated. For the record, it appears you can split the pickup into 2 seperate pieces withe the photo side being the only one I need, along with the spacer/drive unti also pictured.
[Image: IMG_0113.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0114.jpg]
#1 03-28-2011, 12:54 PM,