Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
electrical problem
I have a problem with the a 1987 Goldwing Aspencade lights. The bike starts and runs great but no headlight, horn, turn signals. I started traceing wires and got to the ignition switch. Everything checks good except the tl1 and tl2 fail to test. Does anyone know if this will cause the above not to work. If not where do I need to look next for the problem. I did pull the connector apart on the right side of the bike and jumped the plug and got everything to work so I started back toward the battery trying to find the problem, thats when I got the tl1 and 2 not passing the test. Any help would be reatly appreciated.
#1 06-13-2010, 07:13 AM,
It is absolutely possible that your ignition switch is the culprit. I recently had mine dismantled due to the fact that I have the -84 edition with no retaining screws so I had to rebuild my own, but I got a clear view of what it looks like on the inside. Just be careful not to loose any of the copper tracks, of which one is for AUX, one for ignition, one for lights and one for cooling fan. I don't remember exactly where, but I did find some very useful information on the switch in another forum. It is possible to get the switch out without dismantling any fairing (I did anyway, but then again I have very small hands) and it's not do difficult to open and refurbish your switch. Good luck.

Erling
#2 06-13-2010, 03:47 PM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  electrical problem - where should I start Hibdude 6 3,074 08-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Last Post: neoracer