Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Bridgestones
Has anyone used Bridgestone tires? I just purchased Bridgestone Exedra G702 for the rear and Bridgestone S11 Spitfire for the front. I'm in the process of rebuilding most of my bike and haven't mounted the tires yet. Regardless of what anyone says here I'll use them anyway but just haven't seen anyone mention the Bridgestones. I traded a '91 Toyota Previa van w/blown head gasket for my '84 GL1200a. PO said all it needed was a tuneup (he drove the bike over to my house). After checking it out I've been stocking up on Honda parts. Just bought the last needed items. Rebuilt rear master cylinder (no pedal brakes mstr cyl leaked), all calipers, rear rotor replaced w/good used rotor, new timing belts (from Kragen) got carb kits from Randakk, plugs, parts to rebuild starter (intermittent start and drag), seafoam, oil filter, air filter, etc. Engine ran strong but real hard to start and ran rough until warm. This is my first wing and first bike after 37 years. Previously owned a '68 BSA Lightning from '70 to '73. Cool bike if you owned Whitworth tools :YMALIEN:

And my first post.
Joined today. Howdy!

Seems like a good group :YMAPPLAUSE:
#1 06-09-2010, 09:35 PM,
Welcome to the Site!! 8) Like you I've not heard of too many that use Bridgestones on their 1200's here. However over at Steve's site There has been good things said about them on the 1500's and 1800's... Please let know how they hold up!!
1985 Limited Edition
#2 06-09-2010, 09:40 PM,
Hey melhadden, and welcome to the site!!

I have a Bridgestone G702 on the rear of my 1200. I normally run Dunlops but picked up a nail in New York a couple of years ago and the shop I went to in Rochester only had the Bridgestone in stock. It has been a good tire and I have put over 10K miles on it since then with no problems. The only problem with the tire is that it is a whitewall. I still prefer the Dunlops, but I have no complaints with the Bridgestones.
Remember, No matter where you go...There you are!

Here is where I have ridden my 1984 GL1200I
I completed the lower 48 states in August 2009, riding the whole way with my Dad

[Image: VisitedStatesMap-1.jpg]
#3 06-10-2010, 04:26 AM,
We run Spitfires on our 'Wing and have done for about the past five years. I like 'em!
Ian
Remember, it's the journey, not the destination, that matters.
#4 06-10-2010, 07:39 AM,
Thanks guys, I'll let you know how the Bridgestones ride when I get the bike running but I don't have much riding time to compare them to the tires that are on it (Dunlops). Took the bike out last December for 15 mile ride. Didn't like the way it stopped (rear mstr cyl had leaked all fluid - front brake only worked) so parked it. But did like the gitupango! I had a heart operation last month that slowed me down somewhat. Should have Patch running by end of summer, just in time to ride the rain!
#5 06-10-2010, 06:50 PM,
I had Bridgestone Exedras on my 1200 but I pulled them off after about 5000 miles because were wearing so poorly with severe cupping and they handled terrible in the wet. They were great tires for the first few thousand miles but apparently only until the soft rubber compound wore off. I won't bother with anything else but the Dunlop EIII's on a GL1200.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#6 06-10-2010, 06:58 PM,