Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Strange electric porblem
Ok so I complete a Poor Boy Conversion, and was test riding the bike, when suddenly I lost my headlight, both hi and low beam, the turn signal, the air pump, and the horn. I can however use the hazards. I checked the fuses and they are not blown, but no power at the fuses. Every thing else works (i.e. the radio, the clock digital display, etc.) Bike runs great. I have no clue what the hell I just did or forgot to connect back, If any one has a clue as what may be wrong I would happily worship you as a god.
#1 06-06-2010, 10:55 PM,
Welcome to the Site!

On the '85 and '86 fuel injected models there is a 30amp in-line dogbone "submain" fuse that's located behind the starter selinoid. I don't know if the '87 has that or not but you might want to check and see.

Glhonda or Tricky will be along shortly with better info about yer problem I'm sure!! 8)
1985 Limited Edition
#2 06-06-2010, 11:35 PM,
OK after taking the bike apart, I connected a hot wire from the battery to the wireing harness that has the headlight on it and the light works. So I started back toward the fuse box and found the ignition switch works on all the test except tl1 and tl2, wich I think are the wires that run to the fuse for the light and horn etc. If this is true can anyone tell me where to get an ignition swith with harness.
#3 06-11-2010, 06:44 PM,