Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
sluggish starter
so,after 4 years of not riding the old girl i finally got the go ahead to get back on her and ride.......woooohoooo.......so,on my down time,i did pretty well everything,cleaned all the elec connection,did the stator,tires,brakes master cylinder.....you know the whole routine...i think putting the wing away properly help'd a whole lot.......anyway,my concern...and btw,new gel battery,when shes hot,the other day stopped for gas after about a good hour ride,filled it,and hit the starter,in neutral,she was slow,not bad,but slow,you guys know what im saying,(i hope)......im figureing its rebuld time,or at the least a good cleaning......so need your thoughts.......this only happens when warm,the bike has 92,000 km on it,been a dream,oh,i use 10w40 motorcycle (dyno) oil and thinking about gong the rottella route(wouldnt mind a few thoughts on that either),also did the "dogbone"bypass thing,im getting 13.9 at 28,29 hundred rpm,like i said only when its been warm,hasnt failed me yet but just need some thoughts guys........btw,great site and thanks to all in advance...........Bob
#1 05-26-2010, 05:25 PM,
yep,classic case of starter needing cleaning and/or new brushes
1987 Aspencade 129K
1986 SEI 93K
2014 Tri-Glide HD 17K

Hancock,MD
#2 05-26-2010, 06:18 PM,