Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Intercom on '85 1200?
My brother-in-law has a 1985 GL-1200 Aspencade. It does not have the cords for the intercom from the fairing or for the passenger. I was under the impression that they all had the intercom hook ups.

Was the intercom cords an option?

The fairing has a plug where the cord should come through but that is it.

What is involved in installing the cords, etc. to make the intercom work.

Thanks
Real Airplanes Have 2 Wings and Big Round Engines
[Image: 6967States_Ridden_MC.jpg]
#1 05-24-2007, 10:36 AM,
The aspencade and limited edition required headsets and cords which didn't come with the bike.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 05-24-2007, 02:43 PM,
I realize he needs the headsets and "lower cords" however the bike doesn't seem to have the cords from the fairing to connect the lower cord to.
Real Airplanes Have 2 Wings and Big Round Engines
[Image: 6967States_Ridden_MC.jpg]
#3 05-24-2007, 03:29 PM,
Bipeflier,
Do you have the Panasonic Type 3 audio system with the intercom knob. If you have this radio I suggest you could look at the J&M HI-67 Dynamic Headset Junction Lead Kit that is available from Serra Industries.

I had the same issue when I got my bike last year. In Nov 06, I visited Serra in Troy Ohio and picked up the HI-67 kit along with two of the cheaper headsets. The kit includes a junction box that connects to a cable from the Panasonic radio (very well hiden in the fairing forward of the auto volume) and provides two cables that come out of the junction box that you would plug your driver headset into and a cable that with an additional supplied cable to go back to the passenger where the passenger will be able to plug in their headset. The headsets that I bought had a short cable from the helmet and an additional cable to plug into the cables from the HI-67 to the helmet.

If you PM me I will try to send you the instructions from J&M that I received with the HI-67 Kit.
Wayne
97 GL1500 Lehman Trike
85 GL1200 A
Mount Hope Ont
#4 05-24-2007, 03:54 PM,
wgj46 Wrote:Bipeflier,
Do you have the Panasonic Type 3 audio system with the intercom knob. If you have this radio I suggest you could look at the J&M HI-67 Dynamic Headset Junction Lead Kit that is available from Serra Industries.

I had the same issue when I got my bike last year. In Nov 06, I visited Serra in Troy Ohio and picked up the HI-67 kit along with two of the cheaper headsets. The kit includes a junction box that connects to a cable from the Panasonic radio (very well hiden in the fairing forward of the auto volume) and provides two cables that come out of the junction box that you would plug your driver headset into and a cable that with an additional supplied cable to go back to the passenger where the passenger will be able to plug in their headset. The headsets that I bought had a short cable from the helmet and an additional cable to plug into the cables from the HI-67 to the helmet.

If you PM me I will try to send you the instructions from J&M that I received with the HI-67 Kit.

Wow...great info. This is what this forum is all about.
#5 05-24-2007, 04:31 PM,
You might take a look inside the left side fairing pocket housing.
Remove the pocket cover and then unscrew the pocket itself and remove it.
All of the electronics for the CB, intercom and stereo are located within this area.
1985 GL1200 Aspencade
#6 06-01-2007, 03:19 AM,
When I look in this pocket, I see 2 5 pin connectors. both are plugged into something. I can't seem to find the passenger connector. Where should I be looking? I only see one on the left fairing.
#7 11-05-2012, 08:04 PM,
markg Wrote:When I look in this pocket, I see 2 5 pin connectors. both are plugged into something. I can't seem to find the passenger connector. Where should I be looking? I only see one on the left fairing.

The passenger cord if routed correctly should be on the left side of the passenger seat. It might have been coiled up under the seat if it wasnt being used. It might also be in a rubber clip behind the left armrest pocket.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#8 11-06-2012, 06:35 AM,