Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exhaust blueing?
Hey all, i'm new here and a new owner of a '85 ltd. I noticed that i have significant bluing on the left exhaust, slight bluing on the right side. I was just curious as to what causes the exhaust to turn blue. Is the exhaust too hot for some reason. The blue is just under the passenger foot pegs on both sides. Thanks, wally
#1 03-22-2009, 05:44 AM,
Your probably using aftermarket exhaust system. The original headers are not chromed but have a chrome shield attached to the header which does not turn blue with heat.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 03-22-2009, 05:52 AM,
Being this is fuel injected, likely it's time to clean the injectors (seafoam)... There is another cleaning they should get as well, but I am not real familiar with that proceedure... I believe it requires the manifolds to be removed to get at, but again, I'm not an expert on the Honda fuel injection maintenance...
Ed Zogg
#3 03-22-2009, 06:35 AM,
tricky Wrote:Your probably using aftermarket exhaust system. The original headers are not chromed but have a chrome shield attached to the header which does not turn blue with heat.

BUMP

If it's an LTD, you don't have carbs. If it's not, you don't have injectors.
If your exhaust is blueing, you probably have aftermarket thin wall exhaust. Too rich (on choke too long) will cause blueing. However, all thin wall exhaust will blue to some degree. "Blue Job" worked well on my exhaust until I converted back to factory.
#4 03-22-2009, 09:23 AM,