Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well its good to be back
Hey Vic, I 'm logged in and everything seems to be working fine.
Just an update... I sold the '79 Wing. Enjoyed it for over 4 years, but decided to get something newer. That doesn't mean I don't visit the site every so often tho. Made a lotta friends on this site, and that's a tribute to the tight ship you guys run here. Keep up the good work.
Ron
#1 11-13-2008, 09:41 PM,
Welcome to the Site!! What are you gonna be looking for?
1985 Limited Edition
#2 11-13-2008, 10:15 PM,
I'm now in also with thanks to Vic for helping me.

I've got an '84 Aspencade along with a number of other m/c's. The '84 was my first bike and I'll probably keep it forever.

Tim in Burien, WA
ronbuell Wrote:Hey Vic, I 'm logged in and everything seems to be working fine.
Just an update... I sold the '79 Wing. Enjoyed it for over 4 years, but decided to get something newer. That doesn't mean I don't visit the site every so often tho. Made a lotta friends on this site, and that's a tribute to the tight ship you guys run here. Keep up the good work.
Ron
#3 11-14-2008, 08:10 AM,
Hi Ron and Tim, it's nice to see you guys make it over here without any problems like you encountered with MSN. Ron, you're going to have to post a pic of your new bike as I've always been impressed by those machines. Big Grin
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#4 11-14-2008, 03:44 PM,
Well, you wouldn't be impressed with this piece, its a basket kase. Its so bad, it has to work up to CASE. In reality, it runs, now, but its so cold out I'm not riding it. The oil cooler leaks so I've got one on order, should be here next week. The oil pan was cracked and the PO tried to fix with red RTV but it didn't work; had to replace it. It had the wrong tank on it and the petcock wasn't hooked up to the vacuum line. I've got a replacement tank that I'm in the process of filling dents and painting. The front tire was bald, the instruments were for the wrong year and weren't hooked up, the seat cover was toasted, literally. It had the fairing from the wrong year too.
Soooooo, with all that opportunity, I stripped all the bad stuff off, ebayed a bunch, and so I've only got about $900 in it which is a plus. I tried to attach a pic here. Anyway, once I cleaned out the carbs and re-jetted it and put pod filters on it, it screams. 2nd gear wheelies are easy, tho not really my cup of tea. But it is a whole different beast from the 79 Wing.

Well, looks like I get the upload attachment section, but it doesn't go thru... Help

Attached Files
.doc   1200.doc (Size: 852 KB / Downloads: 94)
#5 11-21-2008, 10:48 PM,
The only way you could make the pics work through the attachment tool would be to place the pics in a Word document page and then upload them. I prefer to place my pics on my free Image Cave or Photobucket account then copy the EZCode line and paste it into my posts.

#6 11-21-2008, 11:23 PM,
Vic, it says the doc-file doesn't exist any more when I want to download. Any idea?
CU
Ray
#7 01-05-2009, 02:28 PM,
This site crashed during an update a while back Ray and it damaged quite a few files such as this one one. Unfortunately the only thing that can be done is for the original author to come back on and replace the damaged file.

#8 01-10-2009, 09:19 PM,