Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Odometer troubles
My odometer died a couple of years ago on my '86 SE-I, so I bought a new one. I had it set to the estimated mileage at a speedo shop and installed it. It still doesn't work, although the electronic trip odometer and the speedo work. Any ideas? Don't they all feed off of the same speed sensor on he front wheel? :?:
#1 05-11-2008, 08:42 PM,
I have never had one apart yet but the odometer derives it's information from that source but I do believe it is an electrically driven unit. If the motor is an integral part of the odometer then obviously the signal isnt being passed along. It could be the instrument panel is faulty.

Just think of it, you will always have a low mileage bike Smile
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 05-12-2008, 05:19 AM,
Larry Cole Wrote:My odometer died a couple of years ago on my '86 SE-I, so I bought a new one. I had it set to the estimated mileage at a speedo shop and installed it. It still doesn't work, although the electronic trip odometer and the speedo work. Any ideas? Don't they all feed off of the same speed sensor on he front wheel? :?:

Same problem here. Mine stopped at 70,000 on the nose. I have been searching for some others with the same problem before I tear it apart or spend any money.
#3 05-21-2008, 02:22 PM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  head light troubles 8 3,919 01-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Guest
  Help, New wing, old troubles 6 2,525 09-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Last Post: roscoepc