Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing low fuel thermistor
I (finally) got the fuel level sensor device out ...
and I have a brand new NTC thermistor all set to go....

so...
any clever ideas for opening the little anti-slosh can that the thermistor lives in ?

The plastic cap is quite stuck and even with single tab pried up, doesn't want to come out .

The best I can come up with is using a Dremel tool, with a tiny cutting blade and slicing the can open and bending back the flaps.
Seems very drastic and quite crude.. although no one will actually care what it looks like , after its rebuilt, as long as it " works" .

Any other solutions come to mind ??http://www.gl1200goldwings.com/gl1200/images/smilies/huh.gif

SilverDave
#1 07-11-2015, 06:09 AM,
I am just taking a guess here, but I think it is safe to say, you are pioneering here as most folks just replace the whole sending unit with a known working unit.
but.... forge on and let us know your findings.

Good Luck!

-Ride on
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#2 07-12-2015, 10:28 AM,
I cut it open with a dremel cutting wheel and replaced the thermistor. Works just fine now.

I also bent the float arm while I was in there, so now it goes to 1 bar of fuel with 60 kms left. The light comes on about 50 km.
#3 07-18-2015, 04:01 PM,
excellent work
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#4 07-18-2015, 05:09 PM,