Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
dyba beads
First of all let me say this was my F/U and I don't want anyone else to suffer the same lol. I bought some dyna beads to install in my new dunlop E3 for my gl1200 85 Aspy. On there home page (https://www.bestrestproducts.com/p-194-dyna-beads.aspx) in red it gives a way to quickly blast the beads into the tire. My issue was after reading this I thought wow this will be simple. Had the tire mounted, took off their mounting weights, attached hose as directed. Shot a quick blast of air which went right thru the beads and when I removed the nozzle the first 2 ozs went all over the shop. Hmmmm I thought. Maybe to much pressure. Dropped it down to 40 psi and tried again. Same result. Well if you read the included instructions all the way to the back it clearly states if you have right angle valve stems you must put the beads into the tire when mounting it. My bad. I called Dyna Beads and told them they needed to add that to their bold in red easy to install air blowing method of instructions. So if you have permanently mounted right angle valve stems don't do what I did. I really wanted to use the beads so I will order them again and when I have a few miles on the tire I will unmount it break the bead and install the beads at that point.
Honda 55
Honda Super 90
Honda 160
Honda 305
Bultaco 250
Triumph T120R Bonneville
Honda 85 gl1200 aspy (present ride)
#1 03-02-2015, 11:20 AM,
stuff happens........
most people won't admit they FUBAR.......
it is great to be able to learn from your mistakes......
it is great that others can learn from your mistakes.....

Thanks!
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#2 03-04-2015, 11:27 AM,
Always sweep and vacuum the shop floor before opening a container of dyna beads Smile

#3 03-07-2015, 01:08 PM,
When I first installed Dyna Beads I followed their different simple instructions. With all air pressure out, remove valve core from the valve stem. Using the supplied small plastic bottle with a nozzle tip, put the tip to the valve stem. Then using an electric hair cutter, that vibrates, hold the cutter against the valve stem and nozzle. This will cause the beads to slightly vibrate and they'll descend into the valve stem and tire. Re-install valve core and inflate tire.

On my recent tire changes I've just had the shop put the beads in when they swapped tires.
[Image: VisitedProvincesMap.jpg]
[Image: VisitedStatesMap_zps8229ee64.jpg]
#4 03-11-2015, 08:00 PM,
since the tire is already installed with right angle valvestems i would remove valve core and get a 2' piece of clear plastic hose that will fit over the valve stem, pour some of the dyna beads into the hose for about two or three inches,then using some low pressure air blow on end of plastic hose which should shoot the beads into the tire,a little at a time
1987 Aspencade 129K
1986 SEI 93K
2014 Tri-Glide HD 17K

Hancock,MD
#5 03-14-2015, 04:40 PM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dyna beads ? wingandaprayer 9 4,115 07-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Last Post: ghostrider52005
  Dyna Beads Winger Ed 6 6,012 09-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Last Post: winginit