Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
A Sad Day
Well, we thought about it pretty well all winter and we decided that given our schedule for this coming summer, riding was going to be limited and intermittent at best. The last thing we wanted was for Wanda to become a Garage Queen. Reluctantly, we listed her at a price quite a bit higher than others of her vintage with the hope no one would respond.

Sadly, such was not the case. A fellow from west of here called, came over with his wife and paid our price on the spot. He passed the potential owner test and we're pleased that Wanda has gone to a heated garage with new owners who will take care of her.

A sad day, indeed. She gave us 11 years of faithful service (apart from 2 stators, of course!) and many great travel memories. She also allowed us to meet some great, helpful people with whom we hope to stay in touch.

She'll be missed.
Ian
Remember, it's the journey, not the destination, that matters.
#1 05-06-2014, 09:26 AM,
Ian, that is a sad day, Wanda will be missed. Here's hoping times change for you and Wanda II will find her way to your garage soon.
Vegetarian: Old Indian word for Bad Hunter

[Image: VisitedStatesMap.jpg]
#2 05-06-2014, 09:33 PM,
I almost choked when I read your post Ian. This is almost like giving up a child (for me anyway) and I sincerely hope that you find happiness without Wanda in your life. Someday I'll have to give up my yellow bike due to health concerns, but, if I'm lucky like Tricky then my wife and I should be able to ride our yellow Wing into many more sunsets. Please do not feel compelled to leave this forum because Wanda is gone because you and anyone else is welcome here with or without a motorcycle of any type.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#3 05-07-2014, 07:39 AM,
It was not an easy decision, Vic. Almost as bad as when we had put our four-legged buddy down after 14 years. We weren't going to do much riding this year and didn't want her to just sit in the garage. She needs to be ridden. As I mentioned, she went to a good home and we're hopeful our riding days aren't done yet.

As for the site, we'll be sticking around. Too many good friends here.
Ian
#4 05-07-2014, 09:50 AM,
Yes, it is a very sad day.
joe
#5 05-08-2014, 08:35 AM,
(05-07-2014, 09:50 AM)Keener Wrote: It was not an easy decision, Vic. Almost as bad as when we had put our four-legged buddy down after 14 years. We weren't going to do much riding this year and didn't want her to just sit in the garage. She needs to be ridden. As I mentioned, she went to a good home and we're hopeful our riding days aren't done yet.

As for the site, we'll be sticking around. Too many good friends here.

Good to know Ian and I'm glad to hear that you're sticking around, because it really is the people, not, the bikes that are most important here.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#6 05-09-2014, 09:49 AM,
Wow Ian this is a surprise, sorry to hear Wanda is gone.
but I'm also glad to hear you're staying around.
it was sure nice to meet you in person last year.
Deb and I sure enjoyed having supper with you and your wife and we do wish you the best with everything that you have planned for the summer.
Johan
#7 05-10-2014, 08:58 PM,
The pleasure was all ours, Johan, especially (if I remember correctly) you paid the bill!

We'll stay in touch.
Ian
#8 05-11-2014, 08:55 AM,
Keener these old bikes will run forever, it is us that I worry about. :- (

Glad you are sticking around, sure hope we get to meet in person some day.

John
A rainy day off beats a sunny day at work any time..................
#9 05-11-2014, 10:08 AM,