Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Fabulous July!!!
What a great month for riding. Too bad I had sold Baby Blue. We here on the South West Coast of Canada broke a forever record of the driest month in history this past July. Not one single day of rain. And average temps @ about 20-22oC Have had a bit of rain this past 2 days but not much. Looks good for August as well. Sorry I had to just rub it in when the fine folks in the "Sun" belt always rub in the fantastic riding they get in Jan or Feb but what they don't realize is that here where I am we almost never get any snow or temps below 10oC. I do feel sorry for all those in the northern areas That had to deal with all that flooding as well as the extreme temps lately.
To all our fine southern members. Please remember that we don't live in igloos up here & as a matter of fact I live in a Caravan that is only 40' long. Hope you all have a great rest of your summer and get lots of accident free riding. Cheers to all Angela. Big GrinBig GrinHeart
Angela(fysty-1) & Dani
Surrey, B.C., Canada
'85 Honda GL 1200 (fully dressed) I. (sold)
pres. 95 Virago 1100
"No matter how blue life may get always remember that there's a rainbow in the sky."
"Grab life by the handlbars an hang on."

#1 08-02-2013, 09:40 PM,
Yes Angela, what you say may be true, but, at least we don't have any pesky mountains that obstruct our infinite view of the horizon.Big Grin
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#2 08-03-2013, 11:49 AM,
(08-03-2013, 11:49 AM)admin Wrote: Yes Angela, what you say may be true, but, at least we don't have any pesky mountains that obstruct our infinite view of the horizon.Big Grin
I hear that! Also Vic you are preaching to the choir here, as I miss SW Ont a heck of a lot but not for the weather anymore. Hate winter with a Passion! And can't take the heat & humidity anymore. As for the mountains most of the bikers I know love just that about this neck of the woods because of the massive twisties that there are. There are roads here that would make the Tail a summer ride in the Prairies. But for me as a Cruiser & a winger, I don't believe in pushing the limits of these large machines to the point of dragging the bars & pegs on the ground. You guys have had some mean weather over your way this past little bit. Anyway Vic you take care & ride safe. Cheers AngelaBig Grin
Angela(fysty-1) & Dani
Surrey, B.C., Canada
pres. 95 Virago 1100
"No matter how blue life may get always remember that there's a rainbow in the sky."

#3 08-03-2013, 02:49 PM,
Winter here was almost imperceptible last year, in fact I didn't even fire up the snow blower even once. Had a friend just move from Leamington to Calgary because she did not like the humidity here and now she is/was up to her knees in water. I couldn't live with that kind of humidity. I guess weather is all about the roll of the dice and we takes our chances anywhere. Those mountains are truly a spectacle to behold in fair weather but come winter they are downright treacherous. Too bad we can't reorganize geography and have the best of all worlds.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#4 08-03-2013, 02:59 PM,
(08-03-2013, 02:59 PM)admin Wrote: Winter here was almost imperceptible last year, in fact I didn't even fire up the snow blower even once. Had a friend just move from Leamington to Calgary because she did not like the humidity here and now she is/was up to her knees in water. I couldn't live with that kind of humidity. I guess weather is all about the roll of the dice and we takes our chances anywhere. Those mountains are truly a spectacle to behold in fair weather but come winter they are downright treacherous. Too bad we can't reorganize geography and have the best of all worlds.

Our biggest problem here is that of the threat of a major earthquake. I live closer to Langley than I do to White Rock but if a major quake hits, Langley will become the new port & Vancouver, Richmond, half of Surrey & all Vancouver Isl. would disappear. The major reason I have never put in to sponser a M&G here is that although This campground is one of the nicest RV Parks around, there just isn't enough to do around here for bikers. If everybody wanted a large beautiful country get away, this is the spot also just for sight seeing as well but no major hills or twisties anywhere about. (2-3 hrs riding time away) But if anyone about these site were to want to get away for a vacation, this is the place to come. Reasonable rates & Good Sam Club & Motor Coach Assoc. discounts available. Also CAA. Open year round as well. Bye for now. Ange.Big Grin
Angela(fysty-1) & Dani
Surrey, B.C., Canada
pres. 95 Virago 1100

#5 08-03-2013, 03:32 PM,