Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switchs on left handlebar
Hey Fellow Wingers
Does anyone know how to clean the switches for the leveling and radio on the left handlebar
#1 05-13-2013, 07:40 PM,
I had a front brake switch stop working from non-use while the bike was down for repair. I used WD-40 and cycled the switch until the contacts were clean and the switch bench tested functional. I have also used a contact cleaner from Radio Shack to clean the MULTIPLE servos, contacts and switches of a 70's pinball machine.
Others may have other suggestions, but this was worked for me. Time involved, but it does work.

Good Luck.

-Ride On
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#2 05-13-2013, 08:29 PM,
Thats about it in the previous post.

Mine finally died and I came up with a simple replacement with switches that can be purchased for about $3-4.00 at a local electrical shop.

I did have a one time access to a person who printed out the label

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_0129.JPG (Size: 84.56 KB / Downloads: 30)
.pdf   black switch box.pdf (Size: 352.43 KB / Downloads: 8)
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#3 05-14-2013, 04:44 AM,
(05-13-2013, 07:40 PM)BOSNBOB Wrote: Hey Fellow Wingers
Does anyone know how to clean the switches for the leveling and radio on the left handlebar

I just cleaned my radio channel switch with WD40 and a lot of manipulation. That was after I peeled off the label and saw there was no easy way to get inside. If the fix doesn't last, I may have to take a knife to the seam on the case and pry or cut it open....I've seen others say it can be done and then cemented back together.

I reattached the label with two-sided cellophane (Scotch) tape....used the same method to reattach my 86 SEi trip computer face following a hopeless attempt at rehabbing it! I'm still groping around for a replacement for that face...
Hunter
#4 05-14-2013, 08:32 PM,