Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPGRADING MY GL1200 IGNITION SYSTEM
Ha, you do realize I live in Oklahoma? I would love to come to the meet but I think taking that much time off from my business would be a little much for the ole pocket book. OH I would love to have access to a Dyno and more importantly someone who knows how to run one and then can read the results. I live in a small town 2,600 people and the next nearest BIG city is 75 miles each way so running over to the Dyno to check out changes are out, so I have to rely on what others have done, tons of reading, lots and lots of plug chops and ya, just seat of the pants tuning. Most people don't have the patience to tune up a set of carbs, they want an A, B, C, approach with a one size fits all attitude. They wanna throw in some jets, drill the slides, add some washers and gain 50 H.P..Wink I for sure would never have the experience or the expertise to tackle anything like a turbo much less build one even though I do have a good understanding of the principals involved. It sure would be hard if I had the know how to just let that injection/charger be gathering dust. I'm afraid I would have to skip a riding season and put that baby ON! Of course I don't have to miss any riding since until recently I had 9 motorcycles with 5 of them running ( I just sold two so I would have more money to work on the others, it's a sickness, Wink) I get my fair share of compliments on how well my bikes run since my buddies know I spend a lot of time trying to get them as right as I can with the resources that I have available to me. So ya, I really am interested in what other guys do to their bikes and how they turn out. I've only got about 11 years of solid wrenching experience on motorcycles so I still have lots left to learn and many things to try.
1986 SEi Limited Edition. 1985 Aspencade
If it's not broke, I can fix that!
#31 06-22-2013, 10:48 PM,

Messages In This Thread
UPGRADING MY GL1200 IGNITION SYSTEM - by admin - 02-14-2013, 03:22 AM
RE: UPGRADING MY GL1200 IGNITION SYSTEM - by Frank - 06-22-2013, 10:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  alternate ignition system rogerb 3 824 03-27-2014, 07:41 AM
Last Post: bs175dths