Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head Gaskets kits
Hi All,
I'm lookin to replace my head gaskets on '86 sei and all the other gaskets and o-rings needed.
Can anyone suggest a good vendor? I hate guessing at these things. I heard Sabre to stay away from. i can't afford all honda parts either. Is there a compromise?
#1 04-21-2013, 11:38 PM,
You could check out a company like BikeBandit:

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcy...5#sch18225

#2 04-22-2013, 04:36 AM,
I didnt want to do mine twice..... I used genuine Honda parts
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#3 04-22-2013, 05:08 AM,
I've used aftermarket gaskets for years on many different bikes with good results. It's not like the head gasket is trying to contain 600 hp and 1,000 lbs of compression. The other gaskets are just paper, I've lost count of how many I've cut out from cereal boxes. Prep work and proper torquing IMO are more important than brand. If Athena, Vesrah and others were such crap I don't think that they would be in business long. I really doubt that Honda makes any gaskets they just farm them out to their specs. Athena, Vesrah, ect are OEM on many models overseas. There is one exception that I have found, Viton valve seals are a much better material for this high heat area. I see several different gasket sets on E-bay all the time. Saber cycle, the last time I checked, had them for $139.00, Motogrid, $128.00, E-bay had mini sets for like $60.00
1986 SEi Limited Edition. 1985 Aspencade
If it's not broke, I can fix that!
#4 04-22-2013, 08:51 AM,
I used Honda gaskets for the heads, everything else I made or re-used - I won't go so far as to say that nothing but Honda head gaskets will do, but I would make sure they are up to Honda spec and quality.
A rainy day off beats a sunny day at work any time..................
#5 04-22-2013, 06:38 PM,