Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
HID Install Problem
So back on Jan. 28, 2012 Firstwing85 posted about his success with the install of an HID kit. I read it thinking it would give me some insight on my install problem. Well I found nothing. So maybe someone is still out there that can help me out. Here is the problem. I purchased a HID kit (H4-8K blue) made by Yana Shiki. This kit is is compatable with the 84' Aspy. Its is supposed to be plug and play, no need to cut wires. When I have the ignition switch on, I get a brighter light on low beam. When I switch to Hi beam the HID strobes bright blue. I can hear it pulsing through my radio and my instrument panel lights dim as the light flashes. I initially thought that the kit had a built in modulator. If that is the case, how do you shut it off so you can use the Hi beam at night. I thought that I had reversed the polarity so I switched the plug as the instructions say. This didn't work because I had no lights when I reversed the plug so I know the polarity is correct. On the off chance that I had faulty wireing on the bike, I used a test light to test the Hi/lo beam switch. It worked as it should. The dealer that sold me the light said that it is not a modulating light. I have atttached a photo of the HID kit.

[attachment=0]

Attached Files
.png   HID Kit.png (Size: 54.13 KB / Downloads: 173)
#1 07-27-2012, 08:35 PM,
hello, I was just reading your post.
I don't know what would cause the issue you're having but I would be interested to see the whole kit that you bought.
I only live about 3 hours from your place, maybe I could come for a ride out to your area and just take a look and see what we can figure out..
I just noticed that you bought an 8K blue light, I bought a 5K which is a true white light and was told that it's much nicer light.
I'm curious if the dealer would be willing to exchange the blue light for a white light for you?
Johan
#2 07-27-2012, 10:15 PM,
I live just North of Bellingham, do you ever come up this way?
Johan
#3 07-27-2012, 10:20 PM,
Good Morning Johan,
Thanks for answering my posts. I've never been up your way, always thought it would be nice to get up that way some time. Uncle Sam **== , I'm stationed at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, makes it a little difficult for Soldiers to head into Canada. It can be done, It wil just take a few months planning on my part and a lot of red tape. So, back to the problem at hand. I can either do an exchange or get a refund. I wander if the 8K blue is drawing to much power (35W). I'm taking the wife on a ride through Utah and Idaho in two weeks so I will try to tackle this issue then. Maybe by then I will have exchanged the light for 5K. It pissed me off when I tried to install it so I just put it away so I wouldn't smash it in anger. :evil:
#4 07-28-2012, 07:35 AM,
it would help if you could post a link to the kit that you bought,really sounds like the kit you bought is not the correct type needed,35w kit is actually less draw on your system then the stock bulb so that should not be a problem

the kit you need should be a H4-3 Bi-Xenon slim ballast kit in 5000K,using a 8000K kit sacrifices alot of visible light at night
1987 Aspencade 129K
1986 SEI 93K
2014 Tri-Glide HD 17K

Hancock,MD
#5 07-28-2012, 11:18 AM,
Hello Sean.
this is the kit I installed in my bike and is working perfectly and the extra light is fantastic..
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://canadiancruisercustomizing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=49">http://canadiancruisercustomizing.com/i ... ucts_id=49</a><!-- m -->
whatever you choose to do just make sure you get the 5000k OEM white light.
I cross the border quite often due to us having friends that live in Lynden.
it wouldn't be very hard to talk me into coming to your area for a visit, lol.
it would make for a nice trip.
Johan
#6 07-28-2012, 02:58 PM,