Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
166 MPH on NYS Thru-way
This guy is screwed.... Talk about a performance award!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=749227">http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=749227</a><!-- m -->
Adam
'96 ST1100
Brewerton, NY
#1 05-03-2012, 05:52 AM,
My favorite part of the story was when he was told he was clicked at 166 that he bragged he could easily go over 190.......what a dumbass!!!!!
Mike                  
'84 Aspencade                                      
*Poorboy Conversion                              
* Bed-liner Black                                    

North Jersey Motorcycle Group
#2 05-03-2012, 06:12 PM,
Ahhh whats 30 mph or so amongst friends. :d Maybe that was his way of saying " Yes officer Im dumber than dirt. But I could have been even dumber if I had wanted to be :-J :lol:
Ghost.President: G.M.M.C.C.
Member:Patriot Guard Riders
#3 05-03-2012, 08:46 PM,
......dont forget he didnt even have a motorcycle endorsement #-O #-O #-O
Mike                  
'84 Aspencade                                      
*Poorboy Conversion                              
* Bed-liner Black                                    

#4 05-04-2012, 03:49 AM,
FIRST PLACE PRIZE FOR TEARING UP THE New York State Thruway:

"... McCarthy is jailed on $20,000 bail." CNYCentral News May 5, 2012

Although I "apologize" for sounding like a professional moralist, no one traveling 160 mph on two wheels using a public highway can pretend to have his vehicle under control.

If this guy wants to "see what my bike can do" he can move his butt to the Salt Flats in Utah and burn up his tires there. The guy is reckless and irresponsible, and is now where he belongs. There are many different ways to be a criminal. Riding a bike at 160 mph on a public highway is only one of them.
[Image: Akriti2450x338.jpg]

" ... If you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." ~ George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
#5 05-04-2012, 03:54 PM,
For us older gentlemen it bodes the question of how do you keep your love handles from flapping like wings at that speed and taking flight??? Confusedhock: :ymblushing: :lol:
Ghost.President: G.M.M.C.C.
Member:Patriot Guard Riders
#6 05-04-2012, 11:20 PM,
I've have experienced 240km/hr (150mph) on a litre class sport bike at a location by myself, no public traffic. No wildlife / birds in sight. Bright sunshine with dry roads. With this class of bike you don't need the salt flats to be at that speed - it takes way less road than that (or high gear for that matter...)

The thought of doing that on a busy US (or CDN) highway where the vehicles you are overtaking are piloted by people who are left lane hogs, eating, talking on the phone hands free or otherwise, reading a text, farting around with the nav system, putting on makeup, squabbling with the kids, watching the DVD player, two trucks racing because truck 2's company gives him 1.2mph faster top speed limiter, etc - gives me the willies. It would be a thrill I suppose...

The story proves natural selection among motorcyle riders may be a viable theory...

#7 05-05-2012, 07:22 AM,
To bring this topic back to life.....

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/05/31/motorcyclist-nabbed-doing-13-mph-on-ny-highway/?intcmp=features">http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/05/ ... p=features</a><!-- m -->
Mike                  
'84 Aspencade                                      
*Poorboy Conversion                              
* Bed-liner Black                                    

#8 05-31-2012, 02:06 PM,
My question is,..."WHY??" Why this male, ego-driven need for speed? I chuckle at the tv commercials that advertise the speed and performance aspect of certain cars, BUT where in these US of A can you drive like that...legally!!?? So what's the use? Now, another thought more on the subject of biking...I have been under the impression that we "Goldwingers" value the journey (read scenery,etc.) of our trips rather than the destination, so why would we want to ride extremely fast?? Just a thought.
#9 05-31-2012, 04:18 PM,
PanMan75 Wrote:To bring this topic back to life.....

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/05/31/motorcyclist-nabbed-doing-13-mph-on-ny-highway/?intcmp=features">http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/05/ ... p=features</a><!-- m -->

Holy smoly!! 193 ?!! The report says 14 tickets were issued, but one was for speeding. What were the other 13?

Crazy New Yorker's ! :d
Adam
'96 ST1100
Brewerton, NY
#10 05-31-2012, 04:52 PM,
Would have been much simpler if they just gave the guy one ticket for being stupid.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#11 06-01-2012, 05:00 AM,
If you need to ride that fast, Bonneville Salt Flats has "Amateur Days". Just show up, register, and take your turn down the 9 mile strip. I've been there and they are flat, flat, flat (and very hot). However, the salt isn't very forgiving to 2-wheeled vehicles.

Tom
#12 07-06-2012, 02:33 PM,
admin Wrote:Would have been much simpler if they just gave the guy one ticket for being stupid.
....but in the US, you can't cite people for being stupid. :d

14 citations, some are: speeding, being a dumb a$$, reckless riding, being a dumb a$$, resisting arrest, being a dumb a$$, fleeing an officer, being a dumb a$$ and any number of other vehicle infractions, inoperable horn (dumb a$$), no directionals (dumb a$$), improperly mounted license plate (dumb a$$).

but there is no citation for being a dumb a$$ - Darwin gives trophies for that! Sad|)

~O)
enjoying the view from the saddle....... due mainly to the people and information found within this site
#13 07-09-2012, 10:57 AM,
Can you imagine how many tickets they could give out to everyone for stupid? Might not be a bad idea.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#14 07-09-2012, 04:18 PM,
Unfortunately you can't fix stupid.....
Mike                  
'84 Aspencade                                      
*Poorboy Conversion                              
* Bed-liner Black                                    

#15 07-10-2012, 05:20 AM,