Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EX 1200 OWNER
Hi All
Just want to introduce myself.I live in COLDWATER,ONT.,CANADA.And yes it's true I did part with my 85 Aspy late this summer.I realy did like the bike but I couldn't afford to have 2 Wings in the garage.I purchased a GL1500 and am pretty happy with it so far.I believe that the best Goldwing model is the one you own!!! No matter which one it is and don't let anyone tell you any thing different.I've had every model but the 1800 and have been happy with all them.They all have had there good and bad points in my opinion.More a matter of preference(and thickness of wallet unfortunately).I've done all of my own work on the bikes over the years(Class A Mech.)Hope I can help out from time to time.Cheers and Happy New Year.
Fatwing Chris
If Id'a known it would last this long I would've taken better care of it !!!
[Image: NewBabyPicsSpring024SmallCustom-1.jpg]
#1 01-01-2007, 11:00 AM,
Welcome Chris. it doesn't matter which Wing you own if you belong here but what does matter is that you want to share in the maintenance and joy of owning a GL1200.

Please post some pics of your 1500 so we can see what the 1200's younger brother looks like.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#2 01-04-2007, 10:51 AM,
Vic
Will have to wait for spring for pictures,I bought it late this summer.Was too busy putting on the miles to get pictures.The only one I have right now is the one in front of Lindsay Cycle where I picked it up.It is the Bike Trader picture and I haven't figured out how to make it small enough to post it.
Fatwing Chris
#3 01-04-2007, 07:46 PM,
Go download and install this program <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm">http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm</a><!-- m -->

Then you just load the picture into the program, resize it then post it.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#4 01-04-2007, 08:11 PM,
Vic
Finaly figured out the Avatar piture.Used Photobucket and the url of the picture.Seems easy now.Used PIXresizer first to change the size.I guess you can tell by the lineup of bikes where the picture came from.There was a couple of bikes down the line that i would have liked,but I am pretty happy with the one I got.If anyone out there is looking for a pretty decent 85 Aspy,as far as I know mine is still at Lindsay Cycle.John gives them a pretty good going over before he sells them(whatever it needs it gets).It had just under 100,000 klm and I just spent $160.00 to get the factory Panasonic AM/FM Cassette fixed.If it needed anything else John would have looked after it.You can check his web site for a picture.The last time I checked the picture he didn't have the drivers back rest on it for some reason but the mounts show up in the picture.
Fatwing Chris
#5 01-07-2007, 11:31 AM,