Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
I broke a wire.. think this is where I should post.
working on the dash. didn't notice it. but the wiring harness coming out of the switch that goes down the forks didn't get put back right.

long story short. I broke the white and Greens striped wire.

bike ran. heck it ran the remainder of the 122 miles home.. but i was losing power bad. light, signals. all dead.. got under 2500 rpm.. it died. very dead.

So, I noticed this broken wire, spliced it. fixed everything the right way. still not sure what I didn't do right the first time. but okay.

So, what does that wire do? Bike "seems" fine now. charged it just enough to start it.. let it idle with flasher, radio on for 20 minutes in my drive way. all seemed good.

put the trickle on it all afternoon. pulled the charger, fired like its supposed to. drove for about 5 miles. stopped. started. shut off and repeated over the next few hours a few times without a charger..
All seems good.

So. long story what does that wire do??
[Image: wingdayof.jpg]
#1 10-11-2011, 07:45 PM,
If you are talking about the wire that goes inside your front fork head it is your turn signal cancel switch sounds like it was shorting out your power killing your battery. There should be three wires going into a switch located in side the triple tree,if you repaired the wire it should take care of the problem but I dont know way it did not blow some fuses. Hal
#2 10-11-2011, 08:24 PM,