Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saddleman seat cover install...
Installation of the" Saddleman premium bucket touring seat kit" went as well as could be expected.
I let the seat warm in the sun while I gathered up some tools.
Using the tailgate on the old truck as a work bench worked well to keep the seat cover warm.
Per instructions, a few staples at the rear of the seat, watch that center line,
At the front of the seat I started with the corners, easier to keep things centered,I thought.
Then I worked each side a little at time. start to finish about 2 hrs
extra set of hands would have been helpful. elect. or air stapler a must, if you go at it alone.
the kit called to use 3/16 staples, the shortest I could find was 1/4 inch. no problems.
I opted for stainless staples, the old ones I pulled out were pretty rusted.
After a short ride there is no doubt the seat is higher, my guess is 2 inches.
I read here there is a "break in period", time to set to my rear end. I hope so, as is right now
may be a bit to firm for me.
the seat looks great, now to find the passenger back rest to match, the new seat has a diamond
pattern,
ooh ya, the ride is a 86 Aspencade
seat cover by JCW
Dan
#1 05-28-2011, 05:48 AM,
Good for you, nice job! I wish you had a few pictures to post......

I've though about that cover kit, but I can't afford an extra 2 inches in seat height. Being 6'5" is not always a good thing, the top of my helmet gets blasted over the top of my extra tall shield as it is.....
A rainy day off beats a sunny day at work any time..................
#2 05-28-2011, 02:01 PM,
Same here, but the oposite. I'm 5'6" and if I added a couple of inches to the seat I couldn't reach the ground -safely- with my feet.
#3 05-29-2011, 11:14 PM,
I thought about using one of those JCW seat covers, but they don't include a cover for the backrest pad, and it is sun rotted too. Also I am terrible at upholstery, I guess it is just not my thing. Fortunately I found a local shop that is advertising on Craigslist, I called them and told them what I had, that said they could do a "basic job", nothing fancy, in black, for $160, both the seat and backrest. The armrests had completely fallen apart, so I just removed them, and filled the holes with pop in plastic plugs.
#4 06-07-2011, 07:41 AM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seat Cover mark4Jesus 3 2,986 07-09-2015, 06:27 PM
Last Post: mark4Jesus
  New Hartco Seat Cover Option Burnout 4 2,024 01-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Last Post: bluewing
  seat cover replacement 10 2,525 05-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Last Post: 85GL1200I