Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
AUX Plug-in in GL 1200 Pansonic Radio...
How make AUX plug In GL 1200 Panasonic Radio?

Hi,
My english is to bad, to inform You about all technicall problems.
I make few photos to work information.

===========================================
Take out radio and unscrew 4 bolts bottom plate:

[Image: img01odkrcaniesrub.jpg]

Unscrew 5 bolts front panel:

[Image: img02panel1.jpg]

[Image: img02panel2.jpg]

Take off 3 knobs:

[Image: img03podwadzeniepokrte.jpg]

Take off front panel:

[Image: img03zdjcieprzedniegopa.jpg]

Disconect 8 electric socket:

[Image: img04rozczeniekonektorw.jpg]

Unscrew 4 bolts circuit board:

[Image: img05wykrceniewkrtwpytk.jpg]

Take off knobs spring lock level:

[Image: img06zdjcieklamerekgaek.jpg]

Unscrew 3 nuts (Volume, Mute Int):

[Image: img07odkrceniepotencjom.jpg]

Take off main board:

[Image: img07plytkapowyjciu.jpg]

Check connections places:

[Image: img08pytkapowyjciukolor.jpg]

[Image: img09ineresujcyfragment.jpg]

It solder wires to signal points (L and R):

[Image: img11przylutowanieprzew.jpg]

It solder ground:

[Image: img12przylutowaniemasyk.jpg]

Take wires In the back - :

[Image: img13wyprowadzenieprzew.jpg]

- or bottom of the radio:
[Image: img13wyprowadzenieprzyk.jpg]

Joint Signal (L+R) and Earth wires to Plug-in type Mini-Jack - 3.5 mm
NOTE! Be Carefully at taking out radio (at new wirles).

*-Smile *-Smile *-Smile *-Smile *-Smile *-Smile *-Smile *-Smile *-Smile *-Smile *-Smile *-Smile *-Smile *-Smile *-Smile *-Smile
============================================
For Advanced!!!

New (Signal) wires is possible to joint behind Socket (blue Plug-in).
It necessary to unscrew it, separate two ground wires (PIN 23 and 24)

[Image: img15wyseparowa2masy232.jpg]

Joint them and isolate:

[Image: img16polutowakanayzwoln.jpg]

Screw socket:

[Image: img17przykrciszyn.jpg]

Remove the windshield and headlight, speakers, meter visor. Dosconect the instrument couplers and instrument mounting bracket and then radio bracket:

[Image: img20odkrcilamp.jpg]

Separate three earth wires (PIN 22, 23, 24):

[Image: img23wyseparowa3masy222.jpg]

Joint (solder) this wires with Plug-in (with 0.8-1.2m wire) - Mini-Jack 3,5mm
It place minijack-plug in left or right pocket ...:

[Image: img24jack2.jpg]

... or in Tank Shelter:

[Image: img24jack1.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Radio is switched automatically when the Source (MP3) will give signal.
I recommend switch on Tapeplayer (without cassette).

Nice work and good listening.

Pawel from Poland

PS please forgive me bad english. :oops:
All You needs is LIFE...
#1 05-17-2011, 09:26 AM,
Great Howto,
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 05-17-2011, 12:46 PM,
Wow, we couldn't have asked for a better tutorial! Nicely done.
Ian
Remember, it's the journey, not the destination, that matters.
#3 05-17-2011, 01:12 PM,
Thankyou for the post Pawel, a picture is worth a thousand words.I am a Ham radio operator and appreciated being able to see the main circuit board layout of this radio system. If I ever need to disassemble my radio one day this will certainly be helpful to me along with the schematic diagrams.I too have a 1985 GL1200 LTD
^Smile^ ^Smile^ ^Smile^

Robert, VE7EAB
#4 05-17-2011, 01:16 PM,
Pawel
The english was just fine you probably have as good or better english than most of us montana
rednecks. :lol:
Your electronics information is invaluable to alot of goldwing folks. Thank you very much
for the post. Great
87 Interstate
Can't wait till my next ride !!!!
#5 05-17-2011, 08:13 PM,
Hi Pawel,

Will try this out this week-end. Due to the fact that you must have electronic experience with this, I have broken one of the radio volume buttons(left) on the Panasonic radio. Do you have any Idea where I can get a new one or a replacement?

Thanks!
#6 07-15-2011, 12:32 AM,
Hi,

Can I make sure what this modification does - will it take the output from my ipod and play it through the bike's sound system - amplifying it and playing it through the speakers
#7 11-05-2011, 06:30 AM,
Brodaty, excellent "how to". I'm assuming that's the same model as in the '84 Aspy correct. Later
#8 11-06-2011, 02:55 PM,
Brodaty Mis,

Thank You for this mod ... Brilliant listening to your ipod music (in my case Steely Dan) through a 26 year old audio system!!!
#9 11-11-2011, 02:02 PM,
That is so goddamn cool. Huge props Pawel, THAT IS SO COOL!!
It also makes me feel like a lazy bastard for just buying a CD player.
#10 11-11-2011, 02:09 PM,
CBX n GL man Wrote:Brodaty, excellent "how to". I'm assuming that's the same model as in the '84 Aspy correct. Later
Yes.
For this correction - in all models GoldWings Radio - everything is the same.
Pawel
All You needs is LIFE...
#11 11-13-2011, 10:37 AM,
I Just took my 86 GL1200A radio apart and found the circuit board to have significant alterations to it compared to the one in your picture. I will take photos of the motherboard. I hope that someone can help to discover which places on it I must solder to. If I get this working I will try to post an addendum here in case anyone has my layout. Has anybody else seeing this post tried the modification? Has anyone done it with a circuit that looks different to what is pictured here?
Returning rider after 25 year absence. I bought the Aspencade in Oct. 2011 with 16,000 original miles on it. I have posted pictures at my facebook page www.facebook.com/ray.luff.5
#12 11-27-2011, 02:11 PM,
Hi,

When I was considering doing this modification I came across an alternative which may work for you. The alternative modification intercepts a connector rather than the circuit board itself. You may have the same connector and can intercept at that point.

The alternative is described on Steve's site. Here is the URL

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=86702&forum_id=1&highlight=aux+">http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/vie ... light=aux+</a><!-- m -->

I initially implemented the mod given in Steve's site mod gluing wires into the connector involved - CN105 - my eyesight and hands (the size of shovels) are incapable of doing the fine wire stripping and soldering involved in the solution given above. It worked fine but glueing things just didn't seem a good solution so after a couple of weeks I implemented the solution in this post which I am very (very) happy with.
#13 11-27-2011, 02:51 PM,
Thanks for the alternative method. I will try that method for now and I hope somehow in the future to try the other method again.

I just put radio back together and breathed a sigh of relief that it was still working when reconnected to the Aspencade. LOL. Now I am contemplating going out to the garage and pulling the unit off the bike again and starting all over again with this method.

I have an FM Transmitter I was going to hookup until I found out it isn't the blocking FM Transmitter type that blocks other stations from comming through with your signal. Also the requirements to supply a 9volt charge to it make these other methods of integation more preferable. I am developing a bucket of parts that I decided not to use on this bike.
Returning rider after 25 year absence. I bought the Aspencade in Oct. 2011 with 16,000 original miles on it. I have posted pictures at my facebook page www.facebook.com/ray.luff.5
#14 11-27-2011, 06:52 PM,
Hi Pawel, thanks for the great how to. That will help a lot of people here. :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE:
Angela(fysty-1) & Dani
Surrey, B.C., Canada
'85 Honda GL 1200 (fully dressed) I. (sold)
pres. 95 Virago 1100
"No matter how blue life may get always remember that there's a rainbow in the sky."
"Grab life by the handlbars an hang on."

#15 11-27-2011, 08:39 PM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  87 Gl 1200 I Radio Squeels when hitting a bump then fades TRIKE58 14 5,899 08-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Mercness
  How dop I make the old 1200 Panasonic radio sound better 22 6,188 10-27-2010, 12:14 PM
Last Post: neoracer
  Radio Antenna help needed for 84 Aspy 1200 GL LarryH 11 3,899 06-07-2009, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Guest
  85 1200 limited radio 5 2,520 06-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Barrister