Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Rubber
Well, I spent a good part of the winter researching new rubber for Wanda. It was obvious the majority of site members were sold on EIII's and, to a lesser degree, Shinkos. We'd run Bridgestone Spitfires for about five years and they performed very well. However, I've decided to go with Continental Milestones for several reasons: we've run Contis on our VWs for many, many years; speed and load ratings were good; the dealer gave me a very good price on the tires and mounting; I've never really been a fan of Dunlop; and, last but not least, I wanted to be different! (Sorry, Vic).

Sadly, due to other committments, I won't be able to get Wanda to the shop until mid next week but hope to be riding by the end of that week. Can't wait!
Ian
Remember, it's the journey, not the destination, that matters.
#1 04-29-2011, 10:49 AM,
Please post a review once you install your tires? I was considering the Conti's because they are a good price. I'm currently running Michilens and LOVE THEM! However, they have been discontinued!! #-O
#2 04-29-2011, 11:37 AM,
As soon as I can get out and do a "reasonable" run, I'll post my impressions. Might be a week or so, yet, however.
Ian
Remember, it's the journey, not the destination, that matters.
#3 04-29-2011, 01:40 PM,
It must be some important commitment to stop you from riding Wanda. :lol: I am looking forward to hearing the details of your new tires.
Ride safe have fun and enjoy. Lane
1985 Aspencade
2002 Vulcan
#4 04-29-2011, 03:22 PM,