Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Intercom - Bike to Bike systems etc.
I'm looking at Bluetooth intercom systems (such as "Scala Rider" ) vs buying a wired set to connect via the wired system on the wing. It seems to be the way of the world these days that reviewers go into much discussion about Mp3 - GPS- cell phone - iPod - radar controlled anti-aircraft - blah blah blah - and finish with 2 sentences about how the intercom performance was mediocre and the promised range of the set bike to bike is about half at best.... and then it's "out of date" in a year...

Anyone have some real world intercom info they can share?

Thanks

#1 03-25-2011, 05:08 AM,
THanks for posting this question. I have been looking for about 6 months now and not
really found a straight answer yet. I tried a phone call with a jawbone earpiece that
is supposed to have the noise canceling feature at thirty mph i my wife lost me to the noise.
The way it is advertised i should be able to use it on the bike ??? i will watch for your
replies .
87 Interstate
Can't wait till my next ride !!!!
#2 03-25-2011, 07:10 AM,
Still using my 26 year old Honda/Panasonic Intercom.

As an intercom it works reasonably well, would be better if I wasnt half deaf.

I DO NOT USE A CELL IN EITHER BIKE OR CAR.

So I really dont need to concern myself with bluetooth or what ever.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#3 03-25-2011, 07:17 AM,
Please reply in this thread it has better information

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.gl1200goldwings.com/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=9450&hilit=scala">viewtopic.php?f=74&t=9450&hilit=scala</a><!-- l -->

#4 03-29-2011, 04:53 AM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are there better communication systems than CB radios today? admin 26 8,743 08-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Last Post: myplace 46