Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$20 Toolkit @ Lowes
Idea Idea
hate to say it but this it came from my HD riding buddy
for anybody that needs an easily packed toolkit for their wing and can get away w/o using the stock wrenches
that come in the stock rollup kits you might want to look at these at lowes in the toolsection,they have room for a few fuses and a cheap circuit tester,for somebody who has minimal tools this can go a long way around the farm ............ kit is 11" L x 8" W x 1 1/2"

[Image: th_MVC-129L.jpg],[Image: th_MVC-130L.jpg]
1987 Aspencade 129K
1986 SEI 93K
2014 Tri-Glide HD 17K

Hancock,MD
#1 07-25-2010, 01:45 PM,
That's a nice find! You might want to add a 13 & 11mm socket in there and the 2 allen wrenches that allow you to remove the seat. A long extension would be a plus....

My first MC was a Honda MT 125 in 1976. It will still start, but is at my dad's house and needs TLC... And I swear almost anything can be fixed on a honda with a 11mm & 13 mm socket... Smile
#2 07-25-2010, 06:40 PM,
the kit already has the 11 and 13mm sockets and a 4" extension allen bits aren't big enoigh for the seat,sorry

i always get rid of the seat adjusters so that i only need one size allen for them bolts, this kit is not designed to get rid of the stock toolkit completely it just makes using that rollup kit less needed

and actually a cheap 6.99 set of 3/8" metric sockets from HF would do away with having to pull the rollup,but we are starting to defeat the purpose,course we could just take the wrenches out of the rollup,the allens,etc and do away with the rollup completly,lots of choices,still would need that oddball sparkplug tool too

a 11 and the 13mm is the oddball on the wing.only used a couple places at most
1987 Aspencade 129K
1986 SEI 93K
2014 Tri-Glide HD 17K

Hancock,MD
#3 07-25-2010, 06:56 PM,
neoracer Wrote:the kit already has the 11 and 13mm sockets and a 4" extension allen bits aren't big enoigh for the seat,sorry

i always get rid of the seat adjusters so that i only need one size allen for them bolts, this kit is not designed to get rid of the stock toolkit completely it just makes using that rollup kit less needed

and actually a cheap 6.99 set of 3/8" metric sockets from HF would do away with having to pull the rollup,but we are starting to defeat the purpose,course we could just take the wrenches out of the rollup,the allens,etc and do away with the rollup completly,lots of choices,still would need that oddball sparkplug tool too

a 11 and the 13mm is the oddball on the wing.only used a couple places at most

I could not see any of the metric sockets from the picture... But that's good to know!!! Even better for the kit.

My bike did not come with a rollup, so I have know idea what was in there... If someone has an extra however... Smile

So in my case, that I would like to do is get one of these then back fill it with the tools needed to fix the bike... Any suggestions would be helpful.

Actually this would be a good thread, for us missing the rollups(and people with them but might need some extra stuff)...

Maybe use this one or create another: Suggested tools for carrying on the road! And we could add some Wire gauges, fuses(for spares), extra bulbs, ect...

You know an, If you are going on a long trip, what are some of the "must haves." A pre cut belt for the newer poor boy kits would be a good idea..."
#4 07-25-2010, 08:26 PM,
Bob, I'm surprised you were not towing a trailer with a home made tractor and a micro welder with which you could have welded your broken glasses!!!

Oh yeah, and I suspect the trailer would have had sleeping bunks and a home made gazebo on top made out of an old satellite dish!!!
:d :d :d
A rainy day off beats a sunny day at work any time..................
#5 07-26-2010, 06:04 AM,
Tools are nice to have riding an antique bike. However, why would anyone want to leave the seat bolts in. I removed mine. Just pop the gas door and slide the seat back to remove it. Takes about 10 seconds. After all, if the seat comes off it means you have crashed your bike! Who cares if the seat is off in that case?
Bob
#6 08-13-2010, 06:17 PM,
84's are the only ones that seat works that way
1987 Aspencade 129K
1986 SEI 93K
2014 Tri-Glide HD 17K

Hancock,MD
#7 08-13-2010, 09:13 PM,