Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Carb Sync Gauges Loaner Program . . .
Greetings all,

Of all the GoldWing web sites I read, this GL1200GoldWings.com is the best. I have gained more knowledge and improved my Wing from the information and help of this site and it's members then any other. I would like to contribute back. I have a set of Carb Sync Gauges that I would like to offer up as a loaner set. What I'm thinking is a list of members, that is members that are regular to this site, not those that just pop in with a single post, that want to use the gauges. I would pack and ship to the first person, that person uses the gauges and then packs and ships to the next person. I think we would need two lists, US and Canada as to limit how many have to pay for international shipping.

So, any interest? And who's on first?
[Image: VisitedProvincesMap.jpg]
[Image: VisitedStatesMap_zps8229ee64.jpg]
#1 05-24-2010, 05:53 AM,
That is a very nice offer. I have my own manometer but I am sure there a lot of people who could use them.
Ride safe have fun and enjoy. Lane
1985 Aspencade
2002 Vulcan
#2 05-24-2010, 02:10 PM,
Wow, nobody has a need for the carb sync gauges?
#3 05-26-2010, 05:04 PM,
I do
#4 05-26-2010, 08:11 PM,
Okies, I package them up and ship to L.E.D. I PM'd you for your shipping address. After you're done with them, you get to ship to the next person. I'll post a photo of what goes with the kit. Today's Friday and it's a holiday weekend and I work Tuesday, so these won't get shipped til Wednesday. I PM you with the UPS tracking number. I prefer UPS's tracking system over US Postal.
#5 05-28-2010, 05:14 PM,
I don't know how hard it would be but it might be a good idea to have a window on the Portal with who's got the guages and who's next. Seems like a good way to find where they're at...
1985 Limited Edition
#6 05-28-2010, 05:46 PM,
I admire what your tying to do but think about it.
Not all people are honest not even everyone here on the forum. Confusedhock:
If I were to get your gauge and decided to keep it the legal cost to recover it would out weigh the cost of the gauge.
If I were to "God forbid" die while I had your gauge it would end up in an estate sale and perhaps sell for $2 or be carted off to the land fill.
#7 05-28-2010, 06:16 PM,
I believe he is only going to loan them to long standing known members,
#8 05-28-2010, 06:39 PM,
L.E.D.tech Wrote:I believe he is only going to loan them to long standing known members,

And I for one, would be more that willing to kick in at least $5.00 towards another set! I'm sure there are others.... 8)
1985 Limited Edition
#9 05-28-2010, 06:43 PM,
L.E.D.tech Wrote:I believe he is only going to loan them to long standing known members,
I believe I can trust you L.E.D.tech but it only takes one chink in the chain to break it.
I'm not trying to rain on a good parade but only pointing out what could happen.
#10 05-28-2010, 06:58 PM,
K Bergen Wrote:
I believe I can trust you L.E.D.tech but it only takes one chink in the chain to break it.
I'm not trying to rain on a good parade but only pointing out what could happen.

That has allready happened at the Saunders Site! I think what happened after that was a new set was bought and they went on from there!!
1985 Limited Edition
#11 05-28-2010, 07:13 PM,
I appreciate the concerns people have in case I end up losing the set of gauges. My wife brought up the same issue. When I purchased them last year I think the cost was around $75, the current cost is $89. Because of the endless knowledge and help I've got from this site and it's members, I want to contribute back some way. And from reading lots of posts I determined many here really need to balance their carburetors. I feel it's worth the risk loosing a set of gauges to help those that don't have access to a gauge set. If all else fails, I'll go buy another set. It's my hope before somebody decides to keep the gauges, many many members here will be thrilled when they ride their Wing after the balancing and see what a difference it makes. I would even bet some will end up spending the extra so they can sync each season with their own set of gauges.

If there's a way to set up a "window" with the list that would be cool. L.E.D Tech is first.
#12 05-29-2010, 01:18 AM,
Ok, here are photo's of whats included. The four gauge panel set, four vacuum hoses, and four threaded hose nipples with o-rings. Damn if I can find the instruction sheet. So far it's not included. If I find it, I'll scan and post for all to read. I'm sure somebody here can post detailed instructions. The kit came with brass threaded rods for screwing into the intake manifold, but I've found the nipples to be real easy.

[attachment=1]
[attachment=0]

Attached Files
.jpg   carb sync.JPG (Size: 301.5 KB / Downloads: 772)
.jpg   carb fittings.JPG (Size: 412.09 KB / Downloads: 771)
#13 05-30-2010, 09:26 PM,
I think what you are offering is an awsome thing Roleketu, I could use them for my 1981 Yamaha maxum as well, Im not sure how you would feel about loaning them to me for a Yamaha but if that is an option I would be interested. If your not comfortable with that I totally understand (I am new but I am on the members list). I would be interested in how much the shipping cost is when you send them. BTW hope everybody had a great memorial day weekend. I went to a civil war re-enactment with the kids and it was a great way to spend the holiday.
#14 05-30-2010, 10:05 PM,
I think the carb fittings are a different size for the Yamaha.
Ride safe have fun and enjoy. Lane
1985 Aspencade
2002 Vulcan
#15 05-31-2010, 03:01 AM,