Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Headlight
Hello everyone

My headlight was so out of adjustment, shining to the right and up. The more I turned the adjustments it did not seem to change. I took it apart to see how it was put together. The top of the inside is chrome and is real dull, one part is metal and one part is plastic. My question is has anyone ever had it re-chromed to make it shine like it did when it was new?
wpd210

[Image: th_VisitedStatesMap.jpg]
#1 04-07-2010, 04:50 PM,
Oh yeah, my bike is a '84 Interstate.
wpd210

#2 04-07-2010, 04:52 PM,
Hello. I have been there, since here in mexico, chroming its expensive, and the nearest shop that will chrome stuff its 400 km away. it would take 2 long, not be safe and expensive to get the bucket chromed.. SO i came up with this solution. long ago at the vynil store i bought this auto adhesive sheet of chrome. i used it for making decals after my paintjob.

[Image: img2701f.jpg]
i used a left over piece and placed it where the chrome had gone away. it was a cheap fix and improved my visibility Smile
85' GL 1200 Interstate - My Picture Thread
[Image: signaturebg4.jpg]
#3 04-07-2010, 05:24 PM,
Thanks for the quick response, sounds like a good idea. I have read some of your posts before, good job!
wpd210

#4 04-07-2010, 06:00 PM,
Regarding the question you asked me through PM.

The glue has not given up. Im running H.I.D. Xenon and it runs a little bit cooler than halogen, i am not sure if it would work for you but it would worth the try, also while you're there, you should seriously think about installing a Xenon system on your bike.
85' GL 1200 Interstate - My Picture Thread
[Image: signaturebg4.jpg]
#5 04-08-2010, 10:33 AM,