Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Showing EEE on the Air Suspension Read Out
I have a 85 LTD Trike and I am getting EEE on the air suspension read out. :?: I was just wondering what causing this? I have moisture in the line and I bled the line but it keep getting moisture back in the line when I check the air pressure with a air gauge and the reading is different than the lcd read out, and most of time when I hit check pressure swich it shows EEE during cold weather and sometime in warm weather also.
Jerry Driggers
1985 LTD Trike
Member American Legion Post 181--American Legion Post 181
Member American Legion Riders Post 181-- American Legion Riders Post 181
Member PGR--Patriot Guard Riders
Member GWRRA Chapter GA-K--GWRRA Chapter K
#1 03-19-2010, 12:42 PM,
I'd start by checking the connector on the back of the display to see if that get's rid of the error message. However if you've got moisture in the air lines then there's something else you've got to take care of! First you need to pull the air compressor so you can check the dessicant and dry it out in a microwave or change it for new dessicant. Next you need to check the foam air filter located in the intake air line for the pump. Over a period of time the foam filter will degrade/dissolve and migrate to the reed valve's in the head of the compressor. It's not too hard to clean them if you're carefull. The hard part's getting the compressor out!!
1985 Limited Edition
#2 03-19-2010, 09:26 PM,
I was hoping this thread would continue....I am having the same trouble, EEE read-out on 85 LTD.......have pulled the drier and compressor.....the compressor works with 12 V to it......I have ordered the dessicant and will have tomorrow.......I have cleaned the switches..........checked the relay......am just hoping when I put it back together it will work......I don't want to steal this thread but need help as I am way over my head on this.....Pat
#3 03-25-2010, 06:36 PM,
kswarbird Wrote:I was hoping this thread would continue....I am having the same trouble, EEE read-out on 85 LTD.......have pulled the drier and compressor.....the compressor works with 12 V to it......I have ordered the dessicant and will have tomorrow.......I have cleaned the switches..........checked the relay......am just hoping when I put it back together it will work......I don't want to steal this thread but need help as I am way over my head on this.....Pat
Let me know if this works. I am starting the same thing
Jerry Driggers
1985 LTD Trike
Member American Legion Post 181--American Legion Post 181
Member American Legion Riders Post 181-- American Legion Riders Post 181
Member PGR--Patriot Guard Riders
Member GWRRA Chapter GA-K--GWRRA Chapter K
#4 03-27-2010, 07:42 AM,
I have everything back together and no luck on getting rid of the triple E's.......I am going to ride it as is for a while.....have added air to back shocks..........sorry I couldn't help.......not too good with electrical..........Pat
#5 03-28-2010, 07:27 PM,