Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do I use a cb
Hi folks,

yeh I know I'm showin my stupid, but honestly, I have never used a cb let alone one attached to a wing,
so my apologies for asking a dopey question, but once the cb is installed and working, on my 86 aspy,how is it used?

I belieive you need a channel? do you need to push a button or something? what does the handle bar switch do, looking at photos, I notice it has a red button, and toggle switch.

thanks again,

cheers,

robbie
Robbie
1986 GL1200 Aspencade (mariah)
#1 12-12-2009, 02:58 PM,
The toggle switchwill change the channel either UP or DOWN when you and your riding buddies decide on which channel your going to use you then press the button in order to talk. Of course you will require a headset with a mike in order to talk, you can select whether you want to receive the signal through the speakers or over the headset.

When anyone transmits on the channel you have selected the CB will receive that signal and through the multichanger will mute the radio signal and send the CB through.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 12-12-2009, 03:51 PM,
now that is real cool, thank you very much.

Merry christmas,

cheers,

robbie
Robbie
#3 12-12-2009, 04:32 PM,
Don't be a chatterbox when using the CB, just say what you have to say loud and clear then get off the mic. If you keep yakking like a radio station nobody else will be able to call in with emergencies or needed instructions. Also, you don't need to keep your squelch belting out static, just set it so that you can hear your buddies clearly within normal riding distance then turn it up if you get separated for maximum reception then back down again when you get closer.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#4 12-12-2009, 05:13 PM,
great advice Vic, thank you.

cheers,

Robbie
Robbie
#5 12-13-2009, 05:50 PM,