Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Fan Switch
After finishing the PoorBoy Conversion up I noticed on my fan switch one of the wires going into the rubber boot has corrosion just where the wire starts into the boot. I didn’t have time to get in there and do too much to right now so I stayed away from wire so I didn’t break it. It is OK for now but does need attention shortly. I have never had one of these boots (plugs) off of one of these switches so I am not sure how they are constructed. Can someone tell me is this repairable by getting more wire through the boot or is wire molded into the boot, or do I need to order a new (boot/harness for this switch) Just wanted to be prepared and have what I need to fix it so I'M not down several days waiting on parts.

Thanks, Steve
#1 09-14-2009, 08:08 AM,
I just worked the spray tube on a can of WD40 in beside the wire and gave it a shot... Then you can easily just push the wire towards the switch side of the boot... I have taken to pushing both wires through the boot (toward the switch side) and manually connecting them one at a time to insure they are tight and all the way on the switch terminals... I put some terminal grease on the connections as well, just to help prevent corrosion... Then I just slide the boot back into position and over the switch...
Ed Zogg
#2 09-14-2009, 08:24 AM,