Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Talking about the pucker factor!
This is what happened to me today. And if you look past the truck you can see Pike's peak in the background. These were taken with my camera phone so the quality is not that good.

[Image: 0511070856.jpg]

[Image: 0511070953.jpg]

When we got two wreckers there they got it out and the only damage was the two side boards were destroyed getting it out. The truck was fully loaded so we got a back hoe to dig it out before we tried to move it. The chains in the picture are hooked to two other trucks holding the truck from flipping on it top.
Needless to say I took the rest of the day off. My nerves were shot. I just got to close to the edge and it gave way. Lucky me, I just got a raise this week, my boss didn't fire me or even yell at me. I'll be working tomorrow in this same truck.
My lucky day I guess!
#1 05-11-2007, 07:38 PM,
Good thing you wasn't any closer to the edge than you were or over you would have gone .

Glad you didn't get hurt but sure was a pucker factor. Been in those situtatioins before and it aint fun .

There must be a lot of sand rock in the soil and didn't pack down very well .

Glad you made it out OK .. Take care
Buzz
#2 05-11-2007, 07:48 PM,
Looks like the soft sand may have prevented rolling further. Better get a St. Christopher medallion if you don't already have one!
#3 05-11-2007, 09:06 PM,
The reason the sand gave way is because we had just put 35 loads of sand on top of that pile and a loader hand had just flatten it out so it wasn't packed down very much. Damm equipment operator was in to much of a hurry to keep digging his hole to worry about our safety. :x

I thanked god that I was OK and the truck too. I'm headed to work now and the truck is ready for me to go paving this morning. 8)
#4 05-12-2007, 03:04 AM,
Holy Cow!!!!

Glad you and the truck are ok. Did you have to change your shorts?? :oops:

When the local contractor was building my sand mound, the guy driving the dump truck got too close to a 30 inch deep trench, and the back wheels of the truck dropped into the ditch. Confusedhock: Then he tried to dump 10 tons of stone, and the truck almost flipped!! They had to hand shovel the stone out of the truck, then get a dozer to pull the truck out. :roll:

All's well that ends well, I guess.
#5 05-12-2007, 08:36 AM,
Thank goodness she didn't roll on you.

Glad to hear that you're doing fine.

I'll bet they put some flags on the edges of that road now!
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#6 05-12-2007, 01:40 PM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help!!! Wife is talking new Goldwing bagelboy 4 2,194 08-07-2014, 10:19 PM
Last Post: bs175dths