Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noise
Have problem with running lights and while trying to figure out where the problem was, the radio began to make wild noise. Snap cracle and pop type. Can anyone give me some insite on this problem
#1 05-08-2007, 06:41 AM,
Are you ready? Bad ground, loose connections, loose bulb in socket, loose fuse, loose connectors in left side fairing pockets, loose connection at yellow wires at stator, loose connection at battery and I'm sure you already cheacked for loose connections under the seat where the wires connect to the saddlebags.

When you disconnect the connections use a little dielectric compound inside the female connector to help seal the connection and as you assemble the connection work it in and out several times to polish it to make a better connection.

That's about all you can do is try one after the other until the problem is rectified. Good luck.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#2 05-11-2007, 08:13 AM,
When you have wired the lights as suggested in the Lighting and Electrical forum then we can then maybe figure out your radio problem. The way you say the lights are wired could possibly cause disruption to the radio.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#3 05-11-2007, 01:26 PM,
Have done all that. Could the antenna hoke up on the back of radio do this?
[Image: us-cANADA.jpg]
1978 Goldwing GL1000
1985 Goldwing GL1200A
#4 05-23-2007, 08:31 AM,
This may be just a coincidence but I recently installed a new antenna on my 'Wing and the background hiss on the intercom has reduced noticeably. Who woulda thought?
#5 05-23-2007, 09:08 AM,