Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
A right bag of problems ! GL1200 Ltd !!!!! Update !!!!
Steve,
2 things come to mind on erratic engine and when you mentioned the wet plug = TPS(throttle positions switch/ sensor) and fuel delivery.

Have you changed the fuel filter? It could be a bit clogged casuing the fuel delivery to be limited or restricted.
Fuel pump-- doubtful but possible.
Is the erratic behavior at the same RPM range or is the erraticness all over the RPM range? How is the engine upon cold start? Does it rev up past 1250rpm or highr? How is the deceleration from a high rpm...does the engine stumble down?
Tim
currenlty own
Car, truck, and bicycle :)
formerly owned
86 SEI,83GL 650i,82GL 500i
450 nighthawk, german spec CB 650, KZ 100, YZ 125, CT90
http://catman01.webs.com/
#16 04-10-2009, 04:54 PM,
catman Wrote:Steve,
2 things come to mind on erratic engine and when you mentioned the wet plug = TPS(throttle positions switch/ sensor) and fuel delivery.

Have you changed the fuel filter? It could be a bit clogged casuing the fuel delivery to be limited or restricted.
Fuel pump-- doubtful but possible.
Is the erratic behavior at the same RPM range or is the erraticness all over the RPM range? How is the engine upon cold start? Does it rev up past 1250rpm or highr? How is the deceleration from a high rpm...does the engine stumble down?

Will check the throttle sensor (will check manual on testing if any) and fuel flow........but new filters are hard to come by here in UK is there a way to re - do this with a new line and hi flow filter !! As the pipe is quite large diameter .......may have to use a truck type.

The RPM's are erratic one second idle at 860 then next 1050 then 960 to 840 ...when i give it juice to 3000rpm it sounds starved and when it goes to idle again it dies and the engine keeps going for a milli second. Kind of like the John Candy had in UncleBuck :twisted:
#17 04-11-2009, 09:42 AM,
Ok no testing in manual for the TPS any clues !!! Read a few things on the net and found 7 that sound like what my bike is suffering from !!
#18 04-11-2009, 10:12 AM,