Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Flat spot?
Hello all, I got an 87 Asp. in January, put about 400 miles on an have just seen on the rear tire seems to have a flat spot on it.

The tires are Dunlops E2, look really new, but here is something that got me looking at the tires.

at about 30 MPH the bike seems to bounce, not like bad shocks but like a hard tail, put the bike up on center stand, spun the wheel and all is well then.... FLAT SPOT.....

Now I think about it...its not a flat spot like when you lock up your breaks, but its like the wheel has a dip in it, enough to tell when spining on center stand.

anyone else have this happen? yes the bike sat about two weeks b4 checking so...flat spot? bad tire?

Thanks, Mike
1987 Asp.
#1 03-24-2007, 08:03 PM,
Mike, it might be best if you get your bike in to a Dunlop dealer and have them inspect the tire. From the sounds of what you're saying it seems like the tire has deformed due to a cord problem. That is a manufacturing defect and you should have pro rated warranty coverage on that tire.

If the tire doesn't offer coverage try another dealer and write the manufacturer explaining the problem with pics and text.

In any case do not continue driving with that tire because the tire could come apart and may cause a hazardous situation for you.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#2 03-25-2007, 05:57 AM,