Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
75 goldwing lighting upgrades?
<DIV>On my GL1500 i have the rear side bars that came stock without lights in them.  I bought a box of christmass tree lights for about $3.00 and put three in each side with a dropping resistor.  I used a 1K ohm dropping resistor (If my memory is correct) and they are not to dim or to bright.  Different christmass tree lights have different voltage requirements so you have to experiment a little bit.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>I bring this up because if you want to just have some running lights in different places you maybe able to use a few lights inside of other tail lights and keep the amperage draw way down.</DIV> <DIV>42indian</DIV>
#1 09-07-2007, 05:33 AM,
<DIV>Jess</DIV> <DIV>If you are dropping to 12 volts while running with those lights on you are going to have battery trouble pretty soon.</DIV> <DIV>Sorry</DIV> <DIV>42Indian</DIV>
#2 09-15-2007, 07:39 AM,
when I started to ride wings years ago I got a 55/100 watt halogen H4 bulb that has about 45 k on it now I also have the same bulb in my 1200 the h4 can also be purchased at a Polaris sled dealer then I was in a harley shop and they had 55/120watt for 14 or16 $ but in all of these you need the h4 light which is still available the you only use the extra power on high beam I love them
#3 09-15-2007, 11:47 PM,
<DIV>Very good report Dolfster.  I have had a battery use a lot of water the last two times i have looked.  I am going to have to keep a better look at this battery.</DIV> <DIV>42Indian</DIV>
#4 10-07-2007, 07:39 AM,
<DIV>This is why I haved switched over to the glass-matt batteries now, they were about $20.00 bucks more and there is no way to fill them nothing to do but use them. They say they are better than the gel type ones the gel has been know to crystalize and let you down because of the heat, the motor produces and the glass-matt is not soppose to do this. So as of now I have had no trouble with it (better not I could find a better way to spend $90.00 bucks) but it does keep me going. It starts runs and does it day in day out and I don't worry about it and don't check it any more. Friday was the first time in well over 3months I look at it (took the side panels off not to scratch them) only because I was changing throtle cables on the '77 since the puller cable broke going down the high-way during moring rush hour.</DIV> <DIV>Frank-n-wing</DIV>
#5 10-07-2007, 05:19 PM,