Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other fenders that might fit a '79?
<DIV>Try this again these are the fenders I'm using on my wing, They come in a large number of sizes the company I got them from also carry a large number of different styles and sizes they are fiberglass and well made in my opinion. Check them out here <A target=_top href="http//www.oldinc.com/oldys.htm">http//www.oldinc.com/oldys.htm</A>  this might give you some ideas of what you may want or a different way to go,</DIV> <DIV>frank-n-wing</DIV>
#1 05-04-2008, 02:38 PM,
<DIV>Doug</DIV> <DIV>One thing about the Springer or Girder front ends is that the early ones did not have shock absorbers on them.  My 57 Harley chopper had a springer front end and if i hit a bump the front end would start to bounce and would take a while to settle down.  I have seen the new ones put out by Harley now have shocks built on the.</DIV> <DIV>John</DIV>
#2 05-11-2008, 10:28 AM,
<DIV>You can use the HD springer you will how ever have to shim the inside of the bearings I had a write up I will see if I can post it I used all the HD hard parts as is and them used shims pressed into the Goldwings oringinal bearings. The big problem is there it no turning radius the springer hits the frame  really fast there was quite a bit of frame that was cut and reworked to get any turning radius on the springer. I will see if I can get something up.</DIV> <DIV>Frank-n-wing</DIV>
#3 05-13-2008, 11:19 AM,
<DIV>My 57 Harly had a 12 inch extension springer.  With a 1 1/2 inch rake.  It also had pull back handle bars.  I weighed 145 pounds at the time and it took every thing i had to hold on to it when i went into a turn at slow speeds.  (Because of the extension and the pull back handle bars).  With that long of extension you needed the rake to keep the motor at the same angle as well as the distance from seat to the ground.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>It did not handle that well going around town.  Once you got it out onto the road though it really was nice at highway speeds.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>That's all i know.</DIV> <DIV>John</DIV>
#4 05-14-2008, 11:28 PM,
Here are two older GLs one with softail tail dragger fenders and one with Indian style fenders .<BR><BR><BR> Zryder<BR>
#5 05-19-2008, 01:59 AM,
My mistake at last message . But , NoMath , those fenders can be found on this site ; http//3aweb.com/aa/oldysbc.htm<BR><BR><BR> Zryder<BR>
#6 05-22-2008, 08:38 PM,
<DIV>A girder front-end maybe like this?</DIV> <DIV>frank-n-wing</DIV>
#7 06-08-2008, 11:51 PM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New fenders are in 3 1,165 11-25-2007, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Guest
  Source for reasonably priced fenders? 1 541 04-02-2007, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Guest