Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Radio wont hold stations overnight.
I have a 84I that has been customized. I bought an 87A that had sat outside and ruined. I salvaged what I could and put it on the 84. However, the radio will not hold the station overnight. I saw on the GWRRA board that on a 1500, there is a fuse that is often the culprit. I have checked and havent found a blown fuse. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Pappy
#1 03-18-2007, 04:07 PM,
T here are 2 power feeds to most radio's these days.One is an ignition feed and the other is a battery feed.If the battery feed is not working it will loose it's memory .I will try to find the color of the wire you need to power up.
Fatwing Chris
If Id'a known it would last this long I would've taken better care of it !!!
[Image: NewBabyPicsSpring024SmallCustom-1.jpg]
#2 03-18-2007, 04:42 PM,
In the Aspy Panasonic radio harness there should be a red wire that goes to the noise filter and then on to the radio.This wire can be powered up from any battery source via a 3 A fuse.The ignition wire is Light green/Black.
I don't know how much of the wiring you used from the Aspy,but I think on my 85 there were two fuses under the left hand fairing pocket near the amp.The schematic doesn't show the 3 amp(battery) fuse as being in the fuse panel,so I would suspect it is one of the ones under the pocket.
If this doesn't help you will have to give us a little more info.Good Luck.
Fatwing Chris
#3 03-18-2007, 05:17 PM,
Fatwing Chris, your idea was correct. The fuse that was blown was under the cover on left hand side. The fuse holder on my Interstate is marked 7.5 amp and the same holder on the Aspy was marked 3 amp. The Interstate had a blown 10 in it and the Aspy had a good 3 in it. I put the 3 in and it fixed the memory loss. I am not sure what blew the 10 amp in the Interstate, maybe when I put in the Aspy radio system. Not sure why the 10 amp fuse was in a holder marked 7.5(guess someone had only a 10 amp to replace the fuse at some time). What else does that fuse power? If it blows the 3 amp I will install the correct one before I hunt the problem. My fat hands dont have alot of room to work in the tight areas on these wings. Many thanks.

Pappy
#4 03-20-2007, 01:30 PM,
Pappy
Looks like it feeds the radio memory,clock and it also goes to the digital dash.It must have a memory in the dash also,but I can't think what for.
Fatwing Chris
#5 03-20-2007, 03:46 PM,