Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
speed read out (mph)
I have just bought my first Wing,1200 and it has a couple of problems that I need to fix.One is, the digital readout for the MPH quit working just after I rescued it(previous owner let it set out in the weather for a year) but now,sometimes up to 30 mph,not very often though.Everything else works on the instument display,even the MPH will display a "0" and work sometimes.My question is,how can I test the sensor or is the sensor my problem???One other question,if it is the sensor ,where can I find a replacement????I have been on the lookout for one and have seen one on E-Bay but nowhere else.
#1 07-25-2008, 09:30 AM,
The first thing to is to test the sending unit.
[Image: speedsensor.jpg]
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 07-25-2008, 09:34 AM,
i had this problem on my LTD. after removing the speed sensor at the wheel i used a drill motor to spin the pickup in the sensor. it worked as it gave me a readout on the dashboard. after you remove the speed sensor lift the front wheel while the bike is on the centerstand and spin the tire to see if the
piece that plugs into the sensor is spinning . if not then replace this part. it is a dealer only part and costs about 30 bucks. i ordered mine from redlands honda and it took about 3 days. hope this helps
#3 07-25-2008, 02:55 PM,