Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
after market radios.
I picked up one of those mp3 cassette conversion units at walmart. I think it was like $20 or $30. You push the cassette into the player and hook up the wire to your mp3 player. It's not bad. Not top quality, but at least I can use the mp3 player.
1997 Valkyrie Tourer, 1987 Burgandy Aspencade with poorboy installed, and a 2005 Red GL 1800.
#16 11-29-2008, 07:15 AM,
There are units that fit in the fairing as long as you use the bezel that is available.
you just have to shop around.
My friend has one that fits fine but I was never happy with my radio that I fitted into my Interstate, I kept having to reach for the volume control every time I started or stopped, I ended up buying my new Aspencade the following year just gotta love the Auto Volume Control
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#17 11-29-2008, 03:49 PM,
bagelboy Wrote:I picked up one of those mp3 cassette conversion units at walmart. I think it was like $20 or $30. You push the cassette into the player and hook up the wire to your mp3 player. It's not bad. Not top quality, but at least I can use the mp3 player.

Just to get you up to speed... I am having problems with the stocker, and am looking to fab one up or replace all together, but thanks for the idea anyway!
I might get an older one that has a tape player anyway so this would be a viable option
#18 12-05-2008, 05:43 PM,
I have the stock am-fm cassette and use the cassette adaptor to plug in the mp-3 player. Works great. 8)
#19 05-12-2009, 05:24 PM,
I had the same problem with the crackling over bumps yesterday - I brought it home took off the windshield , instrument cluster & radio. I tightened every nut , bolt & screw I came across. The instrument cluster (dash) seemed to be too loose also. There are rubber grommets with a preset washer spacer so the dash has some play , but I think over time the rubber hardens and it just had too much play. Anyways - I fixed this by removing the (washer spacer) and then fitting a standard washer over that before inserting it back into the grommet. I now have a much tighter dash & I have kept some of the flexability it needs. I did just as Tricky mentioned on the radio contacts. After bringing them back to where they need to be I wiped all of them down with some WD-40 on a swab. While it was all apart I cleaned the inside of the clear dash plastic. Ever wonder how them little bugs get in there ? LOL .All said and done - the radio works great now - but I will also be looking to fabricate an aftermarket radio into the mix someday Smile. ------WngDng------
#20 05-12-2009, 06:04 PM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CB RADIOS AND RADIATON SICKNESS FROM ANTENNA DISCHARGE?? admin 27 7,383 11-12-2012, 02:33 AM
Last Post: charlainec
  Re: Different Models of Radios tgsguitar 3 1,571 09-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Last Post: SIR tricky
  Are there better communication systems than CB radios today? admin 26 8,567 08-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Last Post: myplace 46