Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
12 volts to 110...
Hello... i was wondering if i could add those small converters to my bike?. i dont want to use a drill or microwave... but i would like to have a 110V outlet on my trunk for charging my cellphone or my camera while on a trip. do you think it would drain my battery really bad?.
85' GL 1200 Interstate - My Picture Thread
[Image: signaturebg4.jpg]
#1 02-14-2008, 05:35 PM,
Not if you had the external alternator Smile
You would need a voltmeter to check how your battery is doing.
A 12 volt cell charger would be your best bet.
I keep spare AA's for my camera.
The only stupid questions are the one's that are not asked.

#2 02-14-2008, 06:01 PM,
yeah well i was thinking about this with the bike parked. not running.

i would carry a whole set of batteries. but my camera came with an special battery. and the worse thing is that the dealer doesn't even sell replacements for the batteries!!!! its a BenQ. never buy a BenQ. next time ill go for a cybershot.

Attached Files
.doc   New instructions.doc (Size: 5.73 MB / Downloads: 6)
85' GL 1200 Interstate - My Picture Thread
[Image: signaturebg4.jpg]
#3 02-14-2008, 06:23 PM,
You can geta charger for teh cell phone that plugs into the cig lighter.
And cince batteries for a camera don't need 110 volts, (a home charger actually converts DOWN to charge) I bet if you talked to a radio shack kid that knows his stuff, you can find a 12 volt battery charger for the camera.

Installing a cig lighter in the trunk for the chargers outta be pretty easy.

12 volt AA battery charger
1985 GL1200a
Live to ride,
Ride to live!
#4 02-14-2008, 09:57 PM,

Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | GL1200 GOLDWINGS | Return to Top | | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication
google-site-verification: googled4b4fe31e07b65d8.html