Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Jim's LED's are excellent
just got in a few of Jim's LED's and want to say they are excellent--can't wait to get togeather the funds to do up all my lights Smile
Wyatt from Az.

Wyatt Earp--Wyatt Earp
brave,courageous and bold
long live his fame & long live his glory
and long may his story be told

'84 Aspencade--Pearl Saturn Red
#1 12-08-2007, 09:59 AM,
Well that's great news to read. Big Grin
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#2 12-08-2007, 10:52 AM,
yiterp Wrote:just got in a few of Jim's LED's and want to say they are excellent--can't wait to get togeather the funds to do up all my lights Smile

Hey Wyatt, that is good to hear. Iordered 2 bulbs from Jim to try, but there not here yet. If I like them I'm going to order more as well.

Dale - Mesa
Dale
Mesa, Arizona
1985 Aspencade
#3 12-08-2007, 11:26 AM,
Thank you Guys.

I am trying to put the complete kits together now, We finally have the best tail/brake lights in the industry, my 1200 is undergoing major LED reworking now..
Jim
#4 12-08-2007, 10:33 PM,
Jim, do you have LED for the running and head lights?
Ride safe have fun and enjoy. Lane
1985 Aspencade
2002 Vulcan
#5 12-09-2007, 04:13 PM,
Yes, I now have the SMD LEDs for the running (marker) lights, higher power and pure white light.

Nothing for the headlights yet..
#6 01-06-2008, 07:43 AM,
I want to second Wyatt's statement about Jims lights. I had trouble after just buying 2 for the trunk, Jim tried to come up with a solution to make just 2 work. He finally decided the best fix was to replace all 4 on the rear of my bike. Jim helped me troubleshoot over the phone, try that with most other suppliers.I was trying to evaluate the 2 because of the cost. At Jim's recomendation I bought the other 2 lights. After install the system works like a top. The lights are as bright as the sun. I have not ridden it in daytime yet, but in my shop with the overhead lights off, they are BRIGHT. I pull the brake lever and the volt meter does not move and the headlight does not dim a bit. They appear to be brighter than the incandescent ones by far to my naked uncalibrated eye.
The best advice I have is replace all the lights on the back at one time to avoid trouble. There is a simple wiring modification to make and Jim even provides the instructions and the parts required to do the modification. There is no cuts made to any wires. The instructions even say "no wire cutters allowed"
The only problem I have now is the idiot light on the dash is on since the leds pull so little voltage, if Jim has a fix for that I will do that, if not I will take out the bulb the next time I have the dash open.
Pappy
1998 GL1500 SE
Shelby, NC
[Image: VisitedStatesMap.jpg]
[Image: VisitedProvincesMap.jpg]
#7 01-10-2008, 06:44 PM,
the tail light warning signal .. thats the one you mean?? it is always on?
85' GL 1200 Interstate - My Picture Thread
[Image: signaturebg4.jpg]
#8 01-10-2008, 07:25 PM,
yes, thats the one, I have not worked with this problem yet.
I will try to come up with a working fix this weekend.

Jim
#9 01-10-2008, 07:45 PM,
Did Jim figure a design for the trunk signal lights, and if so how much are they and can I order some??????
If everybody subscribed to the theory of an eye for an eye, the world would eventually be blind.
http://usera.imagecave.com/redwing1984/
#10 01-11-2008, 09:05 PM,
I could not make a light for the main part of the add on corner turn signals, there is no room in there.
I am working on a design using the SMDs as they are smaller.
#11 01-11-2008, 09:48 PM,