Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Led Lights
Hello Riders----I,am reposting this ????/ ---Has any one used the new LED lights from Jim in their saddle bag tail and brake light that use the 1157 bulb.--- My stock light bulbs worked fine,but when I used the new Leds I started having trouble. I have tried everything to make these work.At last attempt I hard wired the bulbs so I know the ground was right . The running light side of the led is OK. When I wire up the break side and applied the brake it worked till I released the brake and then they would both go off and not work at all.I do think that there is something wrong with the unit. I have been waiting on Jim to get back with me. Thanks Chuck
#1 12-04-2007, 09:10 AM,
if you rewired everything maybe theres something wrong. if you used a hot wire as ground that might be a problem. leds wont work like that.
85' GL 1200 Interstate - My Picture Thread
[Image: signaturebg4.jpg]
#2 12-04-2007, 06:03 PM,
They are polarity sensitive as you may already be aware, but check the polarity when you apply the brakes also, their may be something wrong in that circuit.
If everybody subscribed to the theory of an eye for an eye, the world would eventually be blind.
http://usera.imagecave.com/redwing1984/
#3 12-05-2007, 08:47 AM,