Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brakes!!!!
I cant get my rear and right front to bleed out properly.

I have ran 2 master cylenders full of fluid through the rear and then 2 through the front.

Pedal still goes to the floorboard.

What to do????
#1 09-09-2007, 05:51 PM,
2 ways you can do this.

1: Take the bleeder plug out of the right front caliper. Place your finger over the hole and apply light pressure. Press the pedel down all the way and hold. Fluid and air should blow by your finger. Hold your finger tight over the bleeder vent and release the pedal. Repeat 3 times and replace bleeder plug. Check the fluid level in the master cylinder and repeat for the back caliper.
Pump the pedal and do a final bleed on the front and rear calipers.

Note: The above is kinda messy and you should cover your finger with a rag or paper towell to prevent brake fluid from spraying on you or the bike.

2: Buy a vaccumn pump for bleeding brake lines and follow the supplied instructions. You should be able to get one at Napa or Autozone for a good price

Hope this helps!!!
1985 Limited Edition
#2 09-09-2007, 07:44 PM,
I hate getting brake fluid on me, the smell is bad, Sad

I highly recommend the vacuum pump method, that is how I did my bike and my cars/trucks.

I have found though, you will get air getting into the vacuum line right at the bleeder valve, I learned to stop this by removing the bleeder valve, wraping the threads with teflon tape, then putting it back, vac/bleed the lines and then tighten it up.

This has worked on many rigs for many years Big Grin

I made a large vacuum - brake fluid, separator by soldering 2 brass tubes into the lid of a peanut butter jar, cheap and works great when you flush a long system. Smile
Dave R
Patriot Guard Rider
Previous bikes[/size]
CT 90--- 1960 125 Benly (Honda)--- Insane minibike with 125 Honda motor--- 1982 CB 650
current bikes
1987 CN 250 Helix--- 1985 GL1200 LTD
#3 09-10-2007, 08:37 PM,
Jim, do one of two things, remove the floorboard or raise the brake pedal on the shaft. Usually the floorboard interferes with the travel of the brake pedal and you can't bleed properly.
Ed (Vic) Belanger - 1954-2015
Founder of gl1200goldwings.com

#4 09-11-2007, 09:08 AM,