Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
LED Nights website
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lednights.com">http://www.lednights.com</a><!-- w -->
#1 01-05-2007, 11:46 AM,
rvtechA1,
Nice web site, Are there standard size bulb chart that show what size bulb are needed for a 1200 Interstate?
Thanks for all of you hard work
#2 01-06-2007, 02:24 PM,
we will be working on a chart for the different Motorcycles and Cars, there are so many different bulbs out there now It may take some time to Complete.
However, The Gold Wing Charts will be first, we already have some of the bulb numbers for them.

Jim
#3 01-06-2007, 05:01 PM,
Thanks Big Grin
#4 01-06-2007, 10:04 PM,
Any electrical parts or accesories that you may want to see avalible on the lednights site please let me know, we will be adding stock as we can.
Thank you
Jim
#5 01-14-2007, 06:33 AM,
Hi rvtechA1

Some questions about your LED.
Looking on the pictures of them how is the size of the head compared to the size off an incadescent one? Bought from Suprbright and it was with hairy precision to get it into the hole.
All your test pictures is from a 1000, have you tested on a 1200? Why I am asking is that when I excanged the brake/ rear aka the 1157 in the trunk=2 and in the saddlebags=2 on my LTD the bulb warning on the dash did not go out, I had to change the saddlebag light back to ordinary to get the light to go out.
I have not tried to change the turn since nobody is manufacturing a relay made for electronic that fits in the ordinary socket on the 1200, and I am not interested in putting in load resitors for it to work since they have a tendency to be very hot when in use. Most retailers of load resistors will tell you to mount them on a clear peace of the frame for just that reason and you will need one for each turn signal.
#6 01-15-2007, 05:07 AM,
I'm not to fond of load resisters for using the LED's. As you mention they get hot and they also put the full strain on incandecent lights back on the electrical system.

As to the warning light they come on when there is "to little" current running through the circut. The load resister will raise the current to "correct" levels, but the use of the light telling you the bulb is burned out is gone with LED's. They don't use enough current so the warning light will always be on, or with the load resister it will always be so high that the warning light will never turn on.

Best way to handle it is to pull the bulb for the warning light and look over your bike's lights every now and then.
#7 01-15-2007, 08:12 AM,
quakeholio

Best way to handle it is to pull the bulb for the warning light and look over your bike's lights every now and then.[/quote]

Is there a easy way to get to the dash warning light bulb or does it require pulling the whole dash. How difficult is that?
mike
#8 01-15-2007, 05:09 PM,
Hi rvtechA1

Some questions about your LED.
Looking on the pictures of them how is the size of the head compared to the size off an incandescent one? Bought from Suprbright and it was with hairy precision to get it into the hole.

The 1157 bulb is 1.0” long and 1.9” Wide
The LED Replacement is 1.02” Wide and 2.04” Long

All your test pictures is from a 1000, have you tested on a 1200? Why I am asking is that when I exchanged the brake/ rear aka the 1157 in the trunk=2 and in the saddlebags=2 on my LTD the bulb warning on the dash did not go out, I had to change the saddlebag light back to ordinary to get the light to go out.

LEDs pull so little power that light will not go out, it takes 10 of the LED 1157s to pull the amount of power that 1 1157 Bulb pulls

I have not tried to change the turn since nobody is manufacturing a relay made for electronic that fits in the ordinary socket on the 1200, and I am not interested in putting in load resistors for it to work since they have a tendency to be very hot when in use. Most retailers of load resistors will tell you to mount them on a clear peace of the frame for just that reason and you will need one for each turn signal

I would suggest that you steer clear of those load resistors, I will research the flasher for your 1200 tonight and post info here about it

Thank you for your Questions
Jim
#9 01-15-2007, 05:23 PM,
wingsailor Wrote:Is there a easy way to get to the dash warning light bulb or does it require pulling the whole dash. How difficult is that?
mike

That is the only way. It´s not difficult just a lot of work. Losen the sidemirrors take away front trim, remove headlight assembly, remove speakergrills and speakers, remove what ever kind of stereo you use, then you are able to take away the speedo and do have a manual beside you if haven´t done it before.
#10 01-16-2007, 01:18 AM,
I"v looked at your home page but found no place to order the lights...I want the amber turn signal lights and the resisitor for my 86 gl1200 SEi.How do I order them?Please respond by my regular email addy... <!-- e --><a href="mailto:damnbigtim2000@yahoo.com">damnbigtim2000@yahoo.com</a><!-- e --> ......thanks...Will installing the load resistor in one of my red brake light sockets take care of the warning light problem on my dash??

I have heard there is a wire that you can cut back under the seat that goes to the tailights that will take care of the warning light issue but I was never clear which wire it is that should be cut of the three...If someone knows for sure which wire that is,then please fill us all in..
#11 05-09-2007, 09:32 AM,
The web site was under construction at the time you were on, the order buttons are back and working now.

The new order for stock was placed at the first of the month and should arrive any day now.

Also an order for other LED products was made at the same time, we expect them to arrive around the first week of June.

Thanks
Jim
#12 05-11-2007, 11:44 PM,
I looked around the site and never did see the load resistor. Do you carry it or is it something I'll need to find locally??If that's the case do you or does anyone else know what that part number might be??And what parts stored you got it at?I would hope most all parts stores would use close to the same part number but we all know that's not always the case and some folks have parts stores near them that we don't have down here.
I'm still hoping somoeone can determine for sure which wire could be cut in order to bypass that dash warning light???
Thanks for your email Jim...two rear ambers ordered...
#13 05-12-2007, 07:31 AM,
Let me check on a load resistor for you, I Do not have any of those.
#14 05-12-2007, 09:51 AM,
It sure would be nice to know if that willl work and how hard it is to install...Knowing the price would help some too..From the way the posts have read this is an item you usually carry,I may very well be wrong about that too.If it's not don't fret about it..I am just looking for a way to get that darn warning light to go out..
#15 05-15-2007, 01:38 PM,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LED Nights company? mtnsurgtech 8 3,196 03-13-2009, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Guest